13th January 2010, 12:57 AM
suva19

Can I go abroad for my Ph.D in Canada or other countries after completing PG in Zoology with 6 months research experience in Biochemistry? Are there any scholarships available?

I am a Post graduate in Zoology from University of Calcutta,with an A+ grade and more than 6 months of research experience in the field of Biochemistry.Presently I am living in India.Can I go Abroad for my Phd in Canada or in any of the European countries? If so what are the necessary steps should I take? And are there any available scholarships? I will be really obliged if my questions are answered.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  2. Is it necessary to have 2-3 months industrial experience for doing PhD at Australia & Germany?
  3. Scholarship or financial aid to do PhD in Plant or Agriculture Biotechnology in Abroad?
  4. Different courses in EEE in USA and their career options?
  5. Scholarship eligibility, exam, and interview for Ph.D(Plant Biotechnology/Agriculture Biotechnology) in abroad?
  6. Can I get admission in Ph.D. in USA or European universities without good research experience?
  7. Possibility to study PhD in Zoology for Biochemistry postgraduate?
  8. PG courses related to Biochemistry through distance education from Abroad countries?
  9. Entrance exams to study in Abroad with scholarships for Biochemistry postgraduate?
  10. What are the available scholarships for research studies in abroad after completing M.Sc botany in AMU?
  11. How to do PG abroad after completing B.Sc Mathematics?
  12. What should I do for pursuing PhD in Zoology from Foreign countries?
  13. What is the career scope in B.S.C? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. From where I can do PhD without GRE in Abroad being a Physics postgraduate?
  15. Job in abroad after graduation in B.Sc in Zoology with 70%?
  16. Am I eligible for Assistant professor in Zoology post being B.Sc biochemistry, MSc Zoology and Ph.D Biochemistry-Zoology holder? -- [New]
  17. How can I get scholarship to study Ph.D(Plant/Agriculture Biotechnology) in Abroad if secured 2067 AIR in GATE being a ST candidate?
  18. Eligibility to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Zoology) candidate?
24th May 2011, 02:26 PM
sreeramateja

Default Re: Can I go abroad for my Ph.D in Canada or other countries after completing PG in Zoology with 6 months research experience in Biochemistry? Are there any scholarships available?

hello,
No doubt you can go to abroad and pursue your PhD.for these you have to apply for GRE and then write TOEFL,before this you need to have a passport.After getting a valid score apply any of the Canada universities,then & there itself regarding scholarship details can be discussed with concerned authorities.
24th May 2011, 03:51 PM
bnk4

Default Re: Can I go abroad for my Ph.D in Canada or other countries after completing PG in Zoology with 6 months research experience in Biochemistry? Are there any scholarships available?

Why we are using the bridge rectifier in most of the circuits instead of full wave rectifier eventhough the output of both are same?
24th May 2011, 03:54 PM
bnk4

What type of Television Communication is used in India
24th May 2011, 03:57 PM
bnk4

What is the difference between PLC and DCS control system
24th May 2011, 03:59 PM
bnk4

Why regeneration is not possible in semiconductor
24th May 2011, 04:00 PM
bnk4

which type electronics are involved to build a device like a guitar tuner where you press a button to get a specific tone?
24th May 2011, 07:05 PM
bnk4

which type electronics are involved to build a device like a guitar tuner where you press a button to get a specific tone?
24th May 2011, 10:10 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
If you wanna scholarship to pursue your Ph.D, so there are various programs which organised scholarship for P.G. Students to complete Ph.D , LIKE-
*CSIR-Nehru science post doctoral research fellowship scheme.
*CSIR-JRF, forms are released in August (generally online), and exam in december.
For more information on scholarship you can visit-www.indianscholarship.com and www.a2zscholarship.com
If you wanna to get your Ph.D from abroad then you can appear for GRE (Graduation Record Examination), After qualifying in exam you can pursue your Ph.D from one of the best university in abroad.
Ok, best of luck.
24th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Emmy36459

Hi suva being a foreign student (out of India) I assure you that you can indeed go abroad to Canada to continue your studies. You can even go to Europe. My advice to you Canada or England they have the most amazing education systems that I've ever laid eyes on. I would recommend that you decide which colleges you would like to attend. These countries have student counselors who will work with you towards getting you a scholarship and providing all the necessities. They are very well catered for foreign students and rest assure you all you need to do it contact the university via email chat with their counselors who are readily available to answer all your questions regarding the university as well as scholarships. With your grades they will most defiantly grant you a scholarship. Best of luck to you.
7th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

hi..i want to know is it important to clear GRE or TOEFEL xm to do phd in UK??? cant on the basis of that u have cleared your national level phd entrance test,u gt any plus point???
29th June 2011, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

I completed MSc. Biochemistry and How i can get one year or two year research experience which is necessary for certain positions or projects.. ? Thanks..
4th December 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

what is the process to get admission for Ph.D in European countries. I am M.Sc (Organic) Chemistry degree holder.
20th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

I am doing M.Sc. zoology from punjabi university, patiala and want to continue my further study in canada and also want to settle there. so guide me which course should i go for and tell me if i am eligible for any scholarships.
6th January 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Can i go Canada for Ph.D. IN ZOOLOGY.I have 2nd class both Graduate and M.Sc
9th May 2013, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bsc in medical stream and now i wanna do msc in zoology. After this I wanna go to canada.. Is there any scope of msc zoology to get good job and can i do my phd after msc..please give me anwerin detail
7th July 2017, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I am post graduate in chemistry. And have been working since 3 years..
But want to study more and do a phd in abroad.
So is there any way i can go n do a phd in abroad.
30th August 2018, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I have completed my MSC in zoology. I want to go Canada and pursue my education over there. Give me a little information regarding short term courses related to my subject and let me know which field is having more scope for me to work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?