11th June 2020, 03:07 PM
Kalungemadhuri

Can I join Indian Army as an Officer after 12th with PCB subject combination?

Hello Sir/Mam, I am a female candidate pursuing a degree in Pharmacy right now I am in 3rd year. I am a Bio student. I completed my 12th through PCB. I want to join as an Officer in Indian Army. So, how can I join as an Officer? How to start my preparation and all that stuffs? Please give me a detailed information.

14th June 2020, 09:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army as an Officer after 12th with PCB subject combination?

At Senior Secondary level, the name of examination conducted for getting entry into Defence is National Defence Academy examination.

NDA/NA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year for entry into Army, Navy, Air Force.

1. For Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is necessary.

2. For Army, aspirants from all disciplines of 12th standard are eligible.

You can apply for NDA for Army with PCB subject completion. Analyze the previous year papers with help of it, you can shape up your preparation. Focus on your weak areas of different subjects. Make short notes and do multiple revision.
15th June 2020, 01:26 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army as an Officer after 12th with PCB subject combination?

The first thing I would like to let you know that being a female candidate you are not eligible for becoming an officer in Indian Army on the basis of Class 12th education.

Further, you can get into the defence services after completion of your Degree in Pharmacy through OTA (Officer's Training Academy) by qualifying CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination.

For complete details regarding the CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2020, 01:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of 12th qualification you are not eligible to become an officer in Indian Army.

You can become officer in defence services through CDS entry.

It is conducted by UPSC. The required minimum educational qualification to appear for it is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Entrance examination is conducted in two stages.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?