23rd June 2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join ISRO as a Space Scientist after scoring 84% aggregate and more than 90% in all Science subject?

Hello Sir, I am Ayan Santra I live in west Bengal. I just pass my 10th exam and I scored 84% aggregate and more than 90% in all Science subjects. I want to join ISRO as a Space Scientist. How can i do that?

23rd June 2016, 11:15 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join ISRO as a Space Scientist after scoring 84% aggregate and more than 90% in all Science subject?

You have passed 10th standard with very nice percentage. You are interested to get job in ISRO as scientist. Basically ISRO recruits engineering students every year for scientist post. Following are the eligibility for ISRO scientist post recruitment:

Educational qualification: Student must possess B.E/ B.Tech degree in Electronics/ Computer Science/ Mechanical from a recognized university with at least 65% marks.

Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 35 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of written exam followed by interview.

**So in my opinion you have to firstly pass 12th standard exam and then take admission in B.E/ B.Tech course in Electronics/ Computer Science/ Mechanical discipline. After completing your B.Tech course you are eligible for ISRO Scientist post recruitment.
25th June 2016, 12:05 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join ISRO as a Space Scientist after scoring 84% aggregate and more than 90% in all Science subject?

# ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organisation.

# ISRO conducts a competitive written examination every year in order to make recruitment for engineers and scientists. The examination is conducted in the month of April every year.

# Willing candidate has to apply Online mode through the official website of ISRO which has been mentioned below for your kind reference.

# Required eligibility for ISRO:

* Must be citizen of India.
* Candidate must have completed B.Tech or B.E. in engineering disciplines such as electronics, mechanical, computer science or electrical.
* It is mandatory that candidate must have taken minimum 60% marks throughout the academic career.
* Candidate in the final year of B.Tech or B.E. are also allowed.
* Candidate must not cross the age of 35 years.
* However, there is relaxation in upper age for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

# For more information, candidate must refer following websites:
* www.isro.org
* www.isro.gov.in
* www.iist.in

# Best books for ISRO Entrance Examination 2016 are:

* ISRO Entrance Test for Scientists/Engineers in Electronics by Made Easy Publication
* Electromagnetism by William Hayt
* Communication Engineering by B.P. Lathi
* DRDO & ISRO: Electronics & Communication Engineering 2016 by Made Easy Publications
* Electronics Circuit by Bakshi
* Electronics by Halliyas and Boylestad
* Power Electronics by Rashid
* Electronics Devices by Salivahen
* Digital Electronics by Morris Mano and Anand Sharma
* Control System by Kuo and Nagrath Gopal
* Network Analysis by Hayt and Shaun Series
* ISRO Electronics Recruitment Entrance Test for Scientists & Engineering by Satya Prakashan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?