26th March 2012, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Navy after passing 12th PCM with 58%? I wish to join Navy

i hav scored 58% with PCM and wish to join navy .
Now i am studing BCA-1 . can i join navy??

26th March 2012, 10:38 AM
jyotsana d

Default Re: Can I join Navy after passing 12th PCM with 58%? I wish to join Navy

Dear friend,
Sorry, to say but you can't join navy as the minimum percentage required is 60%. Then only you are eligible to write NDA (national defence acdemy) Exam.

Eligibility criteria are:

-physics and maths should be in 12th standard with minimum 60%

-you should be Unmarried male

-your Age should be between 16 to 19 years

-you must be a citizen of India

Thank you
26th March 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Navy after passing 12th PCM with 58%? I wish to join Navy

I am a b. pharm graduate please tell me can i do M.sc. in chemistry.
I want to know in which subjects i can do M.sc. in detail. gaurav
20th May 2012, 04:50 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I join Navy after passing 12th PCM with 58%? I wish to join Navy

Hi

If you wished to join Navy you should sit for the NDA exam. This is the National Defense Academy which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of April and August every year.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria for this is :-

1. You should be an Unmarried Male Indian.

2. Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years as in the year of applying.

3. You must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in your 12th and you should be a complete 12th pass to appear in this.

4. Physical compatibility and fitness is also very very important in this.

So if you fulfill all these you can still apply for the August NDA exam. If you are doing BCA 1st year and you satisfy the age requirements then you can always apply for it.

Remember that percentage is no criteria so yeah with even 58% in your 12th you can get recruited in the Navy.

However if your age has surpassed, then you can later apply for the Technical Entry scheme later after you become a graduate. You can sit for the CDS - Combined Defense Service and then get jobs in Navy.

For that your age should be 21-30 years and you can be married so no restrictions in that.

Also for more information, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
20th May 2012, 05:51 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes shore you can join indian navy after 12th with PCM subjects.

To join in indian navy you need to crack NDA(National Defence Academy) exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria;

-->the candidate should be complete 12th standard with PCM subjects from a recognised university.

-->Candidate should be a citizen of india.

-->Only unmarried male candidates are eligible

-->Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-->There is no age relaxation.

-->Candidate must be physically fit.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
SSB interview,
Medical test.

Physical standards;

Written test pattern;

Important dates;

Last date of application form:
04-06-2012

Exam date:19-08-2012.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
20th May 2012, 06:43 PM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
yes you can join navy after scoring 58% in your 12th.
the eligibility criteria for navy is:
1. a minimum of 55% in your 12th with physics, chemistry and maths from a recognised state or central board.
2. your age must be under 16.5 to 19 years.
3. height more than 165 cms.
all the best.
21st May 2012, 12:55 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hav scored 58% with PCM and wish to join navy .
Now i am studing BCA-1 . can i join navy??
If you wished to join Navy you should sit for the NDA exam. This is the National Defense Academy which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of April and August every year.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria for this is :-

1. You should be an Unmarried Male Indian.

2. Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years as in the year of applying.

3. You must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in your 12th and you should be a complete 12th pass to appear in this.

4. Physical compatibility and fitness is also very very important in this.

So if you fulfill all these you can still apply for the August NDA exam. If you are doing BCA 1st year and you satisfy the age requirements then you can always apply for it.

Remember that percentage is no criteria so yeah with even 58% in your 12th you can get recruited in the Navy.

However if your age has surpassed, then you can later apply for the Technical Entry scheme later after you become a graduate. You can sit for the CDS - Combined Defense Service and then get jobs in Navy.

For that your age should be 21-30 years and you can be married so no restrictions in that.

Also for more information, please visit www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2015, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

can i get details about the physical standards required for a candidate to appear for indian navy
16th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i get details about the physical standards required for a candidate to appear for indian navy

You can join Indian Navy by one of the two ways that are 1). Through NDA or 2). Through CDS.

If you have completed your 10+2 with the subjects of PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) and want to join the Indian Navy Then you have to apply for the NDA (National Defense Academy) exam.

However percentages is not a criteria for this exam. A candidate who have completed their 12th science with maths can apply for it.

Other Criteria:

~~ Only male candidate are eligible.

~~ Age of candidate should be between 16.5 to 19 year.

~~ Citizenship of India

~~ He should be physically fit.

If you do not meet the age criteria and you have completed your graduation then you can join it through the CDS (Combined Defense Service) exam.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The age criteria for this exam are:

~~ Minimum age should be 21 years.
~~ Maximum age not exist 30 years.
~~ Age relaxation for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years.

Physical Criteria:

## Candidates should be fit physically as well as mentally.

## Height of candidates should be at least 157 cm for male candidates and 152 cm for female candidates.

## Eyesight should be 6/9 in one eye and other eye 6/12 corrected without glasses.

## Weight should be proportional to the height.

## Candidates needs to run 1.6 kms in 7 minutes.

## No color blindness.
16th March 2015, 03:29 PM
unique99

Friend you can join navy competing NDA entrance exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Indian male candidate can write this exam.

Candidates eye sight must be 6"/6"

Candidates subjects must be PCM in 12th exam to join in NAVY stream

Age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

Thank You,
17th March 2015, 12:54 AM
sachin200792

The minimum eligibility criteria to be able to join Navy is at least 60% in class 12th. If you have less than that, sadly you are not eligible.

If you genuinely wish to join Navy, I would advise that you give the 12th standard exams again and get a proper percentage next time. You can appear for NDA exam then and get into Navy, but there are other restrictions also, which you have to keep in mind.

Like there is one age restriction : only candidates who are above 16 and below 19 years of age are accepted for admission. So even if you are appearing for the 12th board again, mind that your age shouldn't be exceeding the age limit.
24th May 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

This is pruthvi raj,my qualification is 2nd pu pcmb 62.5% .I want to join navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?