26th December 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt for Marine Engineering after completion of 10+2 in Commerce?

can i take merine engineering after completing plus 2 commerce

Related Questions:
  1. Job Opportunities after completion of Marine Engineering course? What PG courses can I opt for after completion of this course?
  2. Which course/study can I do after passout SSC exam?
  3. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the benefit of opting Commerce in 11th standard?
  5. Can I do diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th commerce?
  6. Is it beneficial to study Arts in 12th standard?
  7. Which stream I can opt for doing B.E after completion of diploma in Civil? -- [New]
  8. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  9. Can I go for marine engineering after taking commerce subject? I have completed 12th
  10. Marks required to do marine engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical degree course? What is the fee structure?
  11. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  12. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  13. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  14. What is the procedure for joining marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I join marine engineering course if I am a commerce student
  16. How much salary can I get after completion of Diploma in Marine Mechanical? Which other courses can I opt for after completion of this?
  17. Best choice after Diploma in Marine engineering?
  18. What can we do after completion of 12th with commerce?
26th December 2011, 06:16 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I opt for Marine Engineering after completion of 10+2 in Commerce?

No friend.

Marine Engineering, the name itself says that its a part of a engineering course.
Basic requirement of a engineering course is that you must have taken science as your stream in 11th and 12th std. More over marine is the name for sea. To work in sea you must know more in physics and maths. For that you must have taken science as your stream.

So i don't think you have any way to do marine engineering course with commerce as your stream. Better try to take your career in some other nice path.
29th December 2011, 09:47 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for Marine Engineering after completion of 10+2 in Commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i take merine engineering after completing plus 2 commerce
hi,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for marine engineering courses after passing 12th with commerce stream.

Marine engineering is part of engineering.

Eligibility criteria For Maine Engineering course:-

> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.
12th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I opt for Marine Engineering after completion of 10 2 in Commerce?

Are there any entrance exams or we would get admission through board marks of 12th ???
14th June 2013, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I opt for Marine Engineering after completion of 10 2 in Commerce?

I passed plus commerce no I studying in ITI for MMV (Mechanic Motor Vechicle) after this course can Iapply for Automoblie engineering course ?
14th June 2013, 02:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately you can not apply for the Marine Engineering. As the name suggest this is a Engineering course. And to apply for Engineering course you need to complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Since you are commerce student, it is impossible for you to apply for the Marine Engineering. You should better start considering some other career options. You can not even appear for the entrance exams to apply for Marine Engineering.

Joint Entrance Exam is the one which has to be cleared for admission in Marine Engineering. But as I mentioned earlier, you will have to complete 12th with PCM to apply for this entrance exam as well.

I can understand that you want to do Marine Engineering to get job in Merchant Navy. But unfortunately it is not possible. You are not only ineligible for the Marine Engineering but Merchant Navy as well.

To apply for job in Merchant Navy again the minimum qualification required is 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Therefore as I mentioned earlier, you got to consider some other career option.

Marine Engineering Eligibility

1. Complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. Candidate should be unmarried.

3. The age limit is 20 years to apply for the course.

4. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

5. You should meet physical criteria like 6/6 vision, 150cm height etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?