11th January 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I participate in the next exam of UPSC while in 12th science(PCM)?

I am in 12th sci(PCM).can I participate in next exam of upsc?

13th January 2012, 04:29 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I participate in the next exam of UPSC while in 12th science(PCM)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th sci(PCM).can I participate in next exam of upsc?
Being a student of +2, with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Maths, you may write the following examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission:

NDA & NA Exam- This examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in National Defense Academy as well as Naval Academy. The eligible age for the exam is between 16 1/2 years- 19 years.
The upcoming NDA & NA Exam is going to be conducted on 15.04.2012 and the last date to apply for the same is 30.01.2012. To apply, you may visit www.upsconline.nic.in.

SCRA Exam- The Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. The eligible age for the same is 17 years-21 years. You must qualify the +2 exam with IInd division to be considered eligible for the exam.
The last date to apply for the upcoming SCRA exam has been expired and therefore, if interested, you will have to appear for SCRA 2013.
13th January 2012, 07:52 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I participate in the next exam of UPSC while in 12th science(PCM)?

UPSC(Union Public service commision) conducts various exam like NDA,Civil service exam,IAS,IES,IFS and other various exams.

To apply for these all exams you should have graduation.

After 12th you can apply for NDA or SCRA exam only.for these exam 12th appearing student can also apply.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam-

Only unmarried male candidate can apply

You should have 12th with maths

Age should be 16.5-19.5

These are the eligibility criteria for NDA exam.
15th June 2012, 09:22 PM
guruvana244

Hey friend,

UPSC stands Union Public Service Commission

The UPSC conducts various exams for various posts and the exam which you can write for applying for the UPSC exam with your qualification is NDA Exam

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

This exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year for candidates to join in defence forces of India.

If you want to apply for this exam you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's for it which consists of:

> Nationality
> Martial Status
> Age Limit
> Education Qualification
> Physical Standard

As you have asked whether you could join in as a IPS officer for which you need to write the IPS Exam which is conducted by UPSC.

But for applying for the IPS exam you need to have completed a degree from a recognized university but in the case of yours you have only completed +2 by which you cannot apply for the IPS exam as you are ineligible for the exam

You can apply for the exam after completing a degree in any discipline and then apply for the exam.

For more information regarding the IPS exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
16th June 2012, 12:31 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

yes you can participate in the upsc exams if you score more than 60% marks and you are eligible incase for the age limit. First you should think for which exam you will apply but according to your stream you can apply for the only NDA exam. This exam is conducted two times in a year and more information you can find on the upsc website www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?