12th February 2023, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Economics honours degree without maths?

My marks in maths for class 10+2 was not included in the best of four . Can I still pursue Economics honours degree?

16th February 2023, 07:58 PM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Can I pursue Economics honours degree without maths?

It depends on the specific eligibility criteria of the college or university where you are applying for an Economics Honours degree.

In most cases, the best of four criteria for admission to undergraduate courses includes the marks obtained in one language subject, two academic or elective subjects, and one additional subject. The additional subject can be any other academic or elective subject, but it should not be a vocational or practical subject like Physical Education, Home Science, or Fine Arts.

If your marks in Mathematics were not included in the best of four calculation, then you should check whether Mathematics is a compulsory subject for admission to the Economics Honours degree program in the colleges or universities where you wish to apply. If Mathematics is not a compulsory subject, then you may still be eligible for admission to the Economics Honours degree program, even if your Mathematics marks were not included in the best of four calculation.

However, if Mathematics is a compulsory subject for admission to the Economics Honours degree program, then you may not be eligible for admission, as the best of four calculation is used to determine eligibility for admission to many undergraduate courses. In such cases, you may need to explore other options or consider improving your Mathematics marks to become eligible for admission to the Economics Honours degree program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?