18th April 2023, 12:41 PM
Priya_shn

Can i pursue LLB and how many years of LLB it will be?

I have completed by M.com with 72% in 2017 and currently i am 29 yrs old. Can i pursue LLB and how many years of LLB it will be? Also do i need to appear for entrance exam?

21st April 2023, 10:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i pursue LLB and how many years of LLB it will be?

LL.B is Bachelor in Law. It is a undergraduate course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So,.as per your educational qualification you are eligible to get admission in LLB course. There is no upper age limit to pursue the course.

Admission procedure varies with universities and colleges. So, you can visit the official website for the detail information about admission procedure.
23rd April 2023, 12:40 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Law and it is a professional degree course of 3 years.

The minimum education required for pursuing LLB degree course is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Minimum marks required in the qualifying degree varies from 45% to 50% depending on the university you are seeking admission.

Further, to pursue the same degree course from Central Universities, you will be required to qualify CUET PG (LLB) entrance examination while for admission to private law universities you need to adhere to their respective admission process.
23rd April 2023, 02:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The full form of LLB is a Bachelor of Law.

Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to pursue 3 year LLB, the 5 year LLB is an integrated law program that can be pursued after intermediate.

Age limit:-
There is no upper age limit to pursuing an LLB course in India.

Duration:-
The LLB course duration is 3 or 5 years, depending on the type of Law degree.

Admission Procedure:-
Admission to LLB course is based on merit as well as several LLB entrance exams such as
CLAT, AILET, LSAT, DUET, and so on.
23rd April 2023, 06:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for LLB programme:-

Qualifying exam:-
Since 3 - year LLB is a law course offered after graduation, candidates aspiring for a law degree must have passed graduation from a recognised Institute in any discipline like BA, BSc, BCA, BBA.

Minimum marks in qualify exam:-
The minimum marks may vary, as some colleges demand 50%, while others require only 45%. There is relaxation in minimum marks for reserved category candidates.

There is no upper age limit for the course.

Admission to LLB course is based on merit as well as several LLB entrance exam such as
CLAT, AILET, LSAT, DUET etc.
23rd April 2023, 07:28 PM
Shantanubose22

Students are allowed to take admission in LLB or LLM courses in colleges/universities without any age limit. Earlier age limit for LLB course was 30 years for general category and 35 years for SC/ST and OBC student's. So yes, you can apply for LLB admission based and entrance exam.

The LLB degree is a three-year duration course.
Students can pursue after their graduation degree. The LLB course is different from the five-year integrated LLB courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB, BSc LLB, BCom LLB etc.
25th April 2023, 06:39 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

LLB (Bachelor of Laws) is an undergraduate degree program in law. Here are some general eligibility criteria for LLB:

Education: You must have completed your high school education (12th grade or equivalent) from a recognized board or university.

Minimum Marks: Most universities require a minimum percentage of marks in high school (usually 50% or above) to be eligible for LLB.

Age: There is no specific age limit for LLB, but some universities may have age restrictions for admission.

Entrance Exam: Some universities may require you to clear an entrance exam to be eligible for LLB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?