18th April 2023, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I get science stream in class 11 if I got 60 percent in scence?

Can I get science stream in class 11 if I got 60 percent in scence?

21st April 2023, 10:50 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get science stream in class 11 if I got 60 percent in scence?

No such minimum required aggregate in std 10th is considered as benchmark to pursue science stream in any recognised board.

It is the schools affiliated to different board due to limited infrastructure for limited number of seats makes a benchmark for offering science stream to students.

So,.you can visit the official website of the school in which you want to get admission for detail information about the procedure.
23rd April 2023, 12:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for admission to Class 11 (Science stream) may vary depending on the educational board and school you are applying to.
However, in most cases, a minimum score of 60% in Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics) is considered to be a good score to qualify for the Science stream in Class 11.

Therefore, if you have scored 60% or more in Science subjects in your Class 10 board exams, you should be eligible to pursue the Science stream in Class 11.
23rd April 2023, 07:52 PM
Shantanubose22

Yes, you can get science stream in class 11. The minimum percentage for going into science stream is around 60%. You should pass your 10th standard with at least 50% marks in all subjects from a recognized board.
23rd April 2023, 08:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get Science stream for your intermediate i.e; PUC degree course even having completed your Class 10th with just 60% marks as there is no fixed rule set by any board of examination for making a student eligible for selection of a particular stream on the basis of marks secured in Class 10th.

Selection of stream is entirely based on the strength and interest of student and one should opt accordingly as psychology says that the subject looks easier to a person if he/she gets interested in it.
25th April 2023, 04:33 PM
Kia2023

Hi,

You can definitely choose Science as a stream in your class 12 even if you have scored 60% in your 10th exam. Since during class 12th science would be your major subject so you need to put more efforts to make sure that you understand each topic for clearing the exams.
25th April 2023, 06:42 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

It depends on the admission policies of the educational institution you are interested in. Some institutions may require a higher percentage for admission to science stream in class 11, while others may have a lower percentage requirement.

Generally, a minimum of 60% marks in science subjects in class 10th is considered to be a decent score for admission to science stream in class 11th. However, the exact percentage requirement may vary depending on the educational institution's policies, competition level, and availability of seats.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?