m_mminal

Can I register for provision of IPCC? I am studying TYB.Com

I'm studing in t.y.b.com can I register for provision of ipcc

13th June 2013, 08:13 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I register for provision of IPCC? I am studying TYB.Com

Hi Friend............................

A B.com graduate can take direct admission for the IPCC but are you sure about this? As you mentioned that you failed in Common Proficiency Exam twice. The IPCC and the Final Course is going to be much harder than CPT. Would you be able to cope with them.

You should know that Chartered Accountancy is very difficult course. Less than 10 percent candidates manages to clear it every year. The Final course which is the third stage of Chartered Accountancy is very difficult. Since you are having trouble clearing CPT, I think you should seriously consider what I have written before going ahead.

If you have made up your mind then yes It is possible to get direct admission for IPCC. All you need is 55 percent marks in B.Com and 60 percent marks in non-commerce graduation. If you meet the criteria then you can seek admission for IPCC. Unless just keep on trying to clear CPT until you succeed.

There are total of 7 papers in the IPCC.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management
13th June 2013, 12:36 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_mminal View Post
I'm studing in t.y.b.com can I register for provision of ipcc
Details for Registration in IPCC(Integrated Professional Competence Course) :
  • If you have completed your CPT Course then only you will able to to register for this course.
  • If you will register for this course,then you will have to register for Orientation Program-me and 100 hours of ITT course .
  • If you have registered for Professional Education(Examination I)/For Professional Education(Examination II) then you are eligible to register for IPCC Course.
  • You will only be able to give the final exam of IPCC after completing your this course and a leave of 9 months.
Subjects that you will have to study in this course are :-
  • Paper I - Accounting.
  • Paper II - Law,Ethics and Communication.
  • Paper III - Cost Accounting and Financial Management.
  • Paper IV - Taxation.
  • Paper V - Advance Accounting.
  • Paper VI - Auditing and Assurance.
  • Paper VII - Information Technology and Strategic Management.
Eligibility criteria for passing this exam :-
  • Your minimum marks in this course should be 50%.
  • Your minimum marks in every subjects should be 40%
  • After completing this course,you will be to do Article-ship in Charted Accountant for a period of 3 years.

13th June 2013, 02:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision which will let you get admission for IPCC during the graduation. But it is possible to do so once you have completed graduation. The recently made changes by ICAI do allow graduates to directly apply for the IPCC.

Which means that there is no need to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. However to do that you must meet the following criteria.

CPT Exemption Criteria

1. Pass the commerce graduation course with 55 percent marks.

2. Complete non commerce graduation degree with 60 percent marks.

Unless you meet this criteria, it won't be possible to take direct admission for the IPCC. You will have to appear for Common Proficiency Test in the other scenario. Therefore your goal should be to achieve the marks required to graduation to get the required exemption.

Otherwise you will have to prepare for Common Proficiency Test. It have 4 subjects that are in 2 groups. If you cleared both groups with minimum of 30 percent marks, you will be able to apply for the IPCC.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Integrated Professional Competancy Course is the second stage of Chartered Accountancy. You will have to study for 9 months after which you can appear for the first group of written test and the second group can be taken while doing the articleship.

The 3 years articleship is mandatory for CA students. It can be started after clearing first group of Integrated Professional Competancy Course. During the articleship you can complete second group and apply for the Final Examination as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?