16th January 2019, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I start with CA after completing B.Sc Physics?

I have completed my B.Sc in Physics. Now, can I join Chartered Accountancy course? From which all papers will I get exemption? How to claim exemption and get register in CA? What is overall course structure of CA?

30th January 2019, 06:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start with CA after completing B.Sc Physics?

The full form of CA is Chartered Accountancy.

1. CA is a professional course for candidates. It has three stages called CPT, IPCC and final course.

2. Those who have done bachelor's degree in commerce with 55% marks or in other discipline with 60% marks can directly apply for IPCC stage exam. If you have 60% marks or more in bachelor's degree then you can apply for IPCC.

If you have less than 60% marks then you need to apply for CPT exam and clear it to get enrolled in CA course.
30th January 2019, 11:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start with CA after completing B.Sc Physics?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and the same course comprises of three stages which includes three stages namely (i) Foundation course, (ii) IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course), (iii) the final stage course.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue CA course from stage 1 is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognised board while the minimum education required to pursue CA course by exempting stage 1 of CA course is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates having completed their graduation in Commerce stream.

So, having completed your B.Sc degree in Physics, you can exempt Foundation course in CA for joining which one needs to qualify CPT if you have managed to secure 60% marks in your graduation degree course otherwise you will have to start from the CPT to pursue CA course.

For more details regarding the CA course registration process and eligibility, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?