16th January 2019, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Is there any percentage relaxation for ST candidates for NEET examination?

I have completed my 12th board exam and scored 58.9%. I belong to Schedule Tribe caste category. Am I eligible to appear for NEET examination? When it would be held in this year? Is NEET held twice in a year?

28th January 2019, 05:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any percentage relaxation for ST candidates for NEET examination?

You are eligible to appear for NEET. NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

There is relaxation of 5% aggregate for SC/STs.

So, you are eligible to appear for the entrance examination to get admission in medical courses.

No, it will be not conducted twice in a year. The entrance examination in 2019 will be conducted on May 5.
29th January 2019, 02:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any percentage relaxation for ST candidates for NEET examination?

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Entrance examination is conducted for admission in the MBBS, BDS and other courses.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The minimum age limit is 17 years. The minimum required aggregate is 50% in PCB while there is relaxation for SC/ST.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination with your present qualification. The online filling of application form is closed and so, you will have to wait for the next year.

The examination is conducted only once in a year. 05th May 2019 is the examination date.
30th January 2019, 06:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is an All India entrance exam conducted by National Testing Agency for admission in MBBS and BDS courses.

2. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCB subjects to apply for this examination. SC/ST candidates need to have minimum of 40% marks in senior secondary board examination.

You can apply for NEET 2020 exam as dates for 2019 exam are over now.
30th January 2019, 11:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required to apply for the same examination is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognised board of education. Further, there is provision of marks relaxation upto 10% for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 58.9% marks and belonging to ST category, you are eligible to apply for NEET if your stream of academics is science stream with PCB group.

Further, at present NEET is conducted only once by NTA every year.

For more details regarding the NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?