20th December 2011, 10:15 PM
swagatabiswas08

Can I start my career in Marine Engineering after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with 65%?

Sir, I am a final year B.Tech Mechanical Engineering student. My B.Tech CGPA is 65%+ but my 12th average is 57%. Can I start my career as a Marine Engineer? If I can then what is the procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in Marine government college after passing B.Tech in mechanical Engineering? Which entrance exams are conducted for that?
  2. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  4. How to pursue career in the field of marine engineering? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineeirng
  5. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?
  7. What to do to join marine engineering courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in India?
  8. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  9. What are the career opportunities in Marine engineer after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to take marine engineering after B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  12. Any entrance test to pursue Aviation or Marine after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in NIT?
  13. Can marine engineering only be done after graduating in mechanical engineering by doing GME course?
  14. Is it possible to do marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after mechanical engineering?
  15. How to do marine engineering after doing B.E mechanical engineering?
  16. How to join merchant Navy when I have my education background as Commerce?
  17. How can I join Marine engineering after passing Diploma engineering? -- [New]
  18. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
21st December 2011, 10:22 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start my career in Marine Engineering after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with 65%?

The minimum eligibility to get admission in Marine Engineering

1:you should pass 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

2:After that you have to pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms also

3:you should have the eyesight of 6/6 with no colour blindness.

The following are the colleges that provide good pre sea training in India :-

1) Marine Engineering & Research Institute
P-19, Taratolla Road, Kolkata 700088. West Bengal

2) R. L. Institute Of Nautical Ssience
T. V. R. Nagar, Aruppukottai Road, Madurai-625022

3) S. D. College Of Engineering & Technology
Jansath Road, Muzaffarnagar Ph: 2660080, 9837031342.

4:Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering,
Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr.,
Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002

5:Sri Nandhanam college of Engineering & Technology (SNET)
Tirupattur, Vellore District.Tamil Nadu.

6ayanand Sagar College of Engineering ,Bangalore

7:Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad

8:The Shipping Corporation of India ,Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai

9:Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai

10irectorate General of Shipping,
Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001

11:Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering
21st January 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I start my career in Marine Engineering after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with 65%?

Sir, I am a third year B.Tech electronics and instrumentation student. My B.Tech CGPA is 73% but my 12th average is 67%. Can I start my career as a Marine Engineer? If I can then what is the procedure?
29th January 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm in second year. i need ur suggestion of doing courses which are better at now and very helpfull for my carrier. please tell me which are best to do
25th April 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am second year student of b.tech(mechanical) my b.tech ocpa is 80% and 2 percentage is 73.sir can i do marine engineering after b.tech.if yes then what is the procedure for the same.suggest ([email protected])
1st May 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a final year B.Tech Computer Science student. My B.Tech aggregate is 65% . Can I start my career as a Marine Engineer? If I can then what is the procedure?....nd which couse's r best in marine for CSE students..

plzz suggest me :[email protected]
11th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

can i start my carrer in marine engg. after passing B.E. Mechanical with 65%?
28th June 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm second year student of b.tech (mechanical) and my ocpa is 65% but sir, my 12th aggrecate percentage is 52%. can i do marine engineer after b.tech. if yes then what's the procedure for it??
28th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm second year student of b.tech(mechanical) with percentage is 65% but my 12th cgpa iz 52%. can i do marine engineer after b.tech if yes, then what's the procedure for it ??
27th August 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Im studying 3rd cse B.tech..is there any chance to do marine engineering in M.tech eventhough im for computer science? If so, what's the procedure???
7th April 2013, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

any chances for b.tech(cse) students in marine engg if yes, then what's the procedure for it?

plz suggest me- [email protected]
4th May 2013, 04:26 PM
banacareer

HI,

Yes you are eligible to marine engineering.
Marine engineers are sometimes called naval architects. They directly influence the design of ships and other related equipment. A marine engineer may choose to work on the construction of aircraft carriers and submarines or choose to personalize their work by building sailboats and having their own boat-making company. Marine engineers also design steering and propulsion systems for ships.

The following steps you need to take:
1 Search for colleges that have a marine engineer program and make a selection. There will be many colleges that offer a degree in engineering but not offer a marine engineering degree.

2 Get your bachelor's degree and take an entry-level position that will start your career with a decent wage. You will want to continue your education while you work.

3 Obtain your master's degree in marine engineering. Your coursework will be mostly lab hours that will teach you how to apply principles of engineering.

4 Create a portfolio as you study and work in the field of engineering. You want to move out of the entry-level stage as soon as possible. A portfolio will help you overcome your weaknesses and build your strengths.

5 Pitch your talent for managing engineers and your skills as a designer to select engineering companies as you climb higher and higher in your career. You may choose just to stay with one company or start your own.

6 Work with specific goals in mind for the direction you want your career to go. Always stay focused on your goals and remember to always look for opportunities for advancement and an increase in pay.
9th May 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance in Marine field after completing B.Tech in computer science?
5th July 2013, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can whow can we get into marine jobs after doing BE Mechnical?
14th January 2014, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have sight problem but i have much intrest to work as a marine engineer and i have 70% in b-tech mechanicle. Then what i have to do marine engineer.
14th January 2014, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir even if i have sight problem can i elgible to become a marine engineer if cant what i have to do marine engineer .and i have 70% in mechanicle b tech final year.
17th July 2014, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

can i syart my creer in marine engineering aftaer passing BE in instrumentation enginer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?