7th November 2019, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I study Airplane Pilot course with 12th from Commerce stream?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Commerce stream. I want to become an Airplane Pilot. So, which course should I study? Can I study that course with Commerce background? Or, only Science students are allowed for such Pilot courses?

7th November 2019, 09:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Airplane Pilot course with 12th from Commerce stream?

No, if you have completed your 12th standard commerce then you are not eligible to join a commercial pilot training course because the minimum eligibility required to join commercial pilot training course is 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.
7th November 2019, 09:48 PM
Lijishaf

The qualification to become a pilot is 10+2 from Science stream. But most flying schools additionally offer adaptable 'Tutoring' program for such competitors, who come from a 'non-Science' foundation.
Under such a program, the Commerce stream students can approach to select by the Flight School to a distance education course under NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling).Under this distance Correspondence Course,we will have the option to carry on 10+2 Science stream tutoring. Such course is valid.
When the course is finished, you may join Flying School and go for commercial pilot training preparation.
So there is a need to take extra effort if it is your aim.
7th November 2019, 11:38 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

To become a pilot , you need a bachelor's degree in aircraft operations, aviation, aeronautical engineering, or a related field. In addition, you need to complete up to two months of ground training and need more than 1,500 hours of flight experience to get the license.

Now, to complete bachelor's degree in any of above mentioned courses, one must complete class 12th with Physics and Mathematics i.e. student must be from Science background.

So, there's no possibility for a commerce background student to become pilot.
8th November 2019, 08:36 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Note that only science students (with Physics, Mathematics) are allowed for pursuing Commercial Pilot course.

You must have scored at least 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 to be eligible for pursuing Commercial Pilot course.

Since, you are commerce stream candidate, so you cannot pursue Commercial Pilot course.
8th November 2019, 09:06 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Commerce student cannot become pilot.

For becoming pilot student must have passed maths in class 12th. Commerce is a good field you will definitely find something interesting for you in this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?