15th August 2020, 01:58 PM
BhoomikaBajaj

Can I study B.Sc IT after 12th from Commerce stream and is BCA similar to B.Sc IT?

1) If I wish to do B.Sc IT through Commerce stream after 12th, will I need to give an entrance exam to get into a good college?

2) If I take Jai Hind College for 11th Commerce then will I get in-house quota if I go for B.Sc IT?

3) And, please tell me the difference between B.Sc IT and BCA.

5th September 2020, 06:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc IT after 12th from Commerce stream and is BCA similar to B.Sc IT?

1) As per defined eligiblity criteria for B.Sc. IT, candidate must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having at least 50% marks.
But there are many institutes which admit commerce students also to fill their seats if they have secured at least 50% marks.
So, if you wish to take admission in B.Sc. IT, then you can get it although you are from Commerce stream.

Entrance exam will be conducted by the insitute itself on the basis of which admission will be granted.

2) Yes, you will get in-house quota in Jai Hind College. Note that Jai Hind College Mumbai offers in house quota only for BA, B.Sc. and B.Com

Jai Hind College, Mumbai

3) BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application while B.Sc. IT stands for Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.
Both the courses have nearly same subjects but may somewhat vary from university to university.
BCA emphasize more on practical knowledge related to web designing, software making, development. However, but in B.Sc. IT, there will be more focus on theory than practicals.
10th September 2020, 07:50 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc IT after 12th from Commerce stream and is BCA similar to B.Sc IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhoomikaBajaj View Post
1) If I wish to do B.Sc IT through Commerce stream after 12th, will I need to give an entrance exam to get into a good college?

2) If I take if I go for B.Sc IT?

3) And, please tell me the difference between B.Sc IT and BCA.
1)Eligibility criteria :-Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry,
and Mathematics as the main subjects
Yes ,if you appear for entrance exam like GSAT,UPCATET,NEST ,you will get good colleges and there will be difference in the fees but if you go directly take mission through management seat,fees would be high.

2)Admission will be granted solely on the basis of merit i.e, the marks secured

3)A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology(B.Sc IT )involves in course or program in the Information technology field. But BCA is one of the courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field.

-Each field has it own value and importance,if you want to be a part you need to agree and follow its norms
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?