21st October 2018, 10:46 AM
Sasi 456

Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) after completing 12th PCM?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a PCM student of 12th standard. But I am interested to study BSc course in Biotechnology. So, after completing my 12th standard can I study this BSc course in this specialization?

15th November 2018, 05:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) after completing 12th PCM?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in the B.Sc Biotechnology course. It is three year course and only candidate passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible to get admission in the course.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.

So, you are not eligible for admission in the course.
15th November 2018, 08:14 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study B.Sc. (Biotechnology) course after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream. To be eligible to pursue B.Sc. (Biotechnology) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM/ PCB stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.Sc. (Biotechnology) course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
15th November 2018, 08:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Biotechnology is an undergraduate degree course of three years for pursuing which the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

You having completed your Class 12th with PCM group instead of PCB group, you are not eligible for pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology degree course.
15th November 2018, 09:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have opted for PCM group for your Class 12th studies, so you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc in Biotechnology degree course as for pursuing the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group from a recognized board of examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?