13th December 2021, 08:40 PM
Tamhasp

Can I switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board)?

Hello, I am from Mumbai and currently studying PCM in an HSC board college. After 11th I would potentially like to change colleges and the college I want to switch to is ISC Board. Is it even possible and what steps will I need to follow?

Thank you in advance.

14th December 2021, 10:00 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board)?

You can't change your board of examination in class 12th as the registration for 12th class boards exam is done in class 11th itself, so you can change your board in class 11th only, i.e you'll have to do 11th and 12th from the same board.
14th December 2021, 10:11 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board)?

Generally ICSE & CBSE don't take entrance in boards classes i. e. In 10th and 12th.

The schools have to show the result and they cannot risk it by taking new entrants. Hence, I think it won't be possible for you to get admission in 12th by changing your board. Also, I would suggest you not to do that as it would take a lot of time in coping up with new things. This time can be utilised for preparing for your exams.
14th December 2021, 10:52 AM
deepakkumarboudh

Can I switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board)
No, you cannot switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board) officially .
But you can try unofficially to change your Board unofficially there are only few chance to change your Board.
14th December 2021, 07:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° NO, it is not possible to ISC board after completing 11th from HSC board because as per the rules candidate has to complete both 11th and 12th standards from the same board.
It is so because the registration for the twelfth board examination is done in 11th itself and you are not allowed to change the board after passing 11th from some other board and take admission in some other board in 12th standard.
If you want to change your board then you have to take admission again in 11th standard in the choice of your board and then you have to pass your 12th standard with the same board.
15th December 2021, 08:59 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to change the board after std 11th. So, you are not eligible for it and have to continue with the same board or else have to take admission in std 11th again.
15th December 2021, 06:36 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, It's not recommended to change the board after completing 11th. Because once you register yourself you can't change. For more details about this you can check it on Google.
15th December 2021, 07:45 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes, you can switch the Education Board before the starting of the 12th class session. First of all, you need to contact the school authority and ask for admission to ISC Board. Registration for the 12th standard will be completed by the school in the month of July, so make sure you complete all admission-related formalities before July.
15th December 2021, 07:51 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Yes you can.

First of all, you have mentioned you are from a State Board background and want to shift to the Central Board of Secondary Education, India (CBSE).
So, you should know that in State Board they give more preference to the regional language and mathematics. Whereas in a CBSE board school, they give preference too English and all other subjects.

Or, If you join a CBSE board in 11th, you may find mathematics very easy but for English I’d recommend you to take separate coaching classes before joining.
15th December 2021, 09:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the board after std 11th.

So, you have to continue with the same board or have to take readmission in std 11th.
15th December 2021, 09:46 PM
Msdhoni02

Can I switch to ISC Board after completing 11th from HSC Board (Maharashtra State Board)?

Yes, you can definitely get admission in other school and you can also change your board of education. You need to contact your school staff they will tell you the whole procedure for the same. There will be some charges for it asa well.
16th December 2021, 08:08 AM
Aorta

No, according to the regulations of the examination board you cannot switch boards after your 11 standard as you have been registered with 1 board, but you will be able to change the college provided it should be providing the same board which you are currently pursuing
I would like to suggest you to continue with the same board as changing the board would be difficult as ISC board have a lot detailed concepts which would make it tough to grasp and difficulties in scoring marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?