14th November 2017, 09:53 AM
Lovkesh212

Can I take admission in B.A after completion of computer diploma course?

Hello Dear Sir/Mam, I want to know I have to complete my diploma in computer science, so can I take admission in BA first year? Please guide me with the right details on this. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do aeronautics engineering after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
  2. Can I take admission in B.A after completion of computer diploma course? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  3. How to apply for B.E.(CS) after completion of Diploma in Computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in computer science engineering?
  6. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in DTU after completing diploma in computer science?
  7. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  8. What should I do further after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering being a economically poor candidate?
  9. Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA after completing Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks?
  10. What should I do after completion of diploma in Computer Science for 3 years?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for doing Law in Pune after completion of diploma?
  12. Can I get admission for B.Tech computer science or IT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  13. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in B.Tech after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
  14. From Diploma EC to Degree Computer/IT is possible? Details about the new rule at GTU regarding change of stream?
  15. Diploma course in computer after passing 10th standard? Which course is best to join in diploma?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission for doing engineering in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  17. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to get direct admission to 3rd year Civil engineering after completion of diploma in Computer Science engineering?
15th November 2017, 05:45 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.A after completion of computer diploma course?

The academic qualification required for Bachelor of Arts course:

Student should have done 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board. Diploma is considered as equivalent of 10+2.

Diploma candidates can pursue Bachelor of Arts. The better option for technical candidates will be to pursue Bachelor of Engineering through LEET exam.
15th November 2017, 07:51 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.A after completion of computer diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to take admission in B.A first year after completion of your Diploma in Computer Science course. To be eligible to pursue B.A course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.A course are done through merit basis of 12tb standard board examination marks or through entrance examination/ admission test conducted by the respective college/ university. So, being a Diploma holder in Computer Science, you are not eligible to pursue B.A course.
15th November 2017, 09:43 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BA refers to Bachelor of Arts and as it is an undergraduate course of three years for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board. Students having equivalent degree are also eligible.

So being a diploma in computer science you are certainly eligible for pursuing BA degree course as diploma is a degree equivalent to higher secondary school degree.
15th November 2017, 02:42 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can do that.

A diploma is equivalent to the 12th standard.

For BA, you need to have passed 12th or diploma from a recognized institute.

You need to be at least 17 years of age.

If you qualify the above criteria, you can take the admission in the BA.
15th November 2017, 03:18 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having completed you diploma in computer science you are certainly eligible for admission in BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree course as the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree or any degree equivalent to same in any stream from a recognized institute and diploma degree is considered equivalent to higher secondary school degree.

Further for admission BA degree course in top central universities like DU, BHU, JNU, etc. you need to qualify their respective entrance examination for which details can be gathered by referring to their respective official link.
15th November 2017, 04:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission in Bachelor of Arts after completion of Diploma course. The essential criteria for Bachelor of Arts course:

*Candidate should have done 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board. Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th.

Top Universities are:

Delhi University.

Jawaharlal Nehru University.

IGNOU etc.
15th November 2017, 05:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Bachelor of Arts.

1. Any 10+2 passed candidate or diploma passed candidate is eligible for pursuing Bachelor of Arts.

2. But after pursuing diploma, a candidate should take admission in bachelor of technology through LEET exam. This will be the best course option for you.
15th November 2017, 10:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for admission to B.A course, you should have pursued Higher Secondary course in Arts or any other stream from a recognised board. No National/ State level entrance examination is conducted for offering admission in B.A college. But, some colleges/ universities conducts their own entrance examination for offering admission in B.A course. As per the data you have mentioned in your query, you have not pursued 12th standard and being a Diploma holder in Computer Science, you are not eligible to take admission in B.A course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?