24th January 2018, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in BCA without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

I don't have Mathematics as one of the major subjects in my Higher Secondary i.e. in my 12th. So, will it be possible for me to take admission in BCA? Do all college ask for Maths or are there any college who don't consider Maths as a compulsory subject?

28th January 2018, 12:05 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in BCA without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

Yes, it is not compulsory to have Mathematics in 12th std to get admission in BCA course.

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application and the required eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

But, in some of the institutes it is necessary to have Mathematics and English as main paper to get admission.

So, you can visit official website of college in which, you want to get admission regarding the eligibility.
28th January 2018, 01:24 PM
Somya0511

Thumbs up Re: Can I take admission in BCA without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

The answer is yes.
You can do BCA with any stream.
BCA is a Bachelor's Degree course which any stream students can pursue (Science, Commerce and Arts) after completing 12th schooling from a recognized Board.
Eligibility criteria of marks can be issue to take admission in different colleges.
Admission might be done on the basis of merit or entrance exam or both.
Hope this helps!
28th January 2018, 04:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in BCA without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary?

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and as the name suggests same is an undergraduate degree course of three years with a good career scope in software world.

As far as you are concerned about the requirement of Mathematics as a main subject at Class 12th level academics for pursuing BCA degree course then, I would like to let you know that for pursuing BCA degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any stream (but with English as a main subject) with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

So, you can certainly pursue BCA degree course even if you have not studied Mathematics in your Class 12th as all colleges do not ask for Mathematics as a main subject at higher secondary school level.
1st February 2018, 09:45 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't have Mathematics as one of the major subjects in my Higher Secondary i.e. in my 12th. So, will it be possible for me to take admission in BCA? Do all college ask for Maths or are there any college who don't consider Maths as a compulsory subject?
For joining Bachelor of Computer Application you have to pass 12th with computer science is a main subject.
Mathematics is not compulsory for joining BCA course.

Bachelor of Computer Application is 3 year course.

After completing Bachelor of Computer Application you have option like you can join both government as well as private sector.

Admission in BCA course you'll have to pass 12th with very good marks if you want to do BCA from top colleges in the country.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?