25th January 2018, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

What minimum marks should I score in English in my Higher Secondary to get BA in English (Hons.)?

How many marks should I score in Higher Secondary specially in English to take admission in BA English (Hons.) under Delhi University?

27th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What minimum marks should I score in English in my Higher Secondary to get BA in English (Hons.)?

No specific percentage criteria in Higher Secondary course is required to get admission in B.A English (Hons.) course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.A English (Hons.) course, you should have passed Higher Secondary course examination in all subjects from a Government recognised board. Admissions in B.A English (Hons.) course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination/ admission test conducted by the respective college/ university.
28th January 2018, 12:44 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What minimum marks should I score in English in my Higher Secondary to get BA in English (Hons.)?

You must get minimum 60% marks in 10+2 class exam to be eligible for the entrance test conducted by Delhi University to get admission in BA course. After that, if you secure a good rank in the entrance test, you will definitely get admission in BA English(hons.) in Delhi University.
For further details, please visit the official website of Delhi university.
28th January 2018, 12:54 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Delhi University is among the India's best university and and admission in it's affiliated college in B.A English course is conducted on merit basis.

The merit is not prepared only on the basis of aggregate in a particular subject. The merit list is prepared taking in consideration best four subject.

So, if you belong to general category then you must need to have aggregate in best four above 90% to get admission in B.A English.

To get previous year cut-offs list visit at http://www.du.ac.in.
28th January 2018, 05:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks to be secured in Class 12th for pursuing BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) in English from Delhi University then I would like to let you know that there is no certain percentage as cutoffs keeps on varying every year.

But to have some hope for admission in any Delhi University college you are at least required to secure 90% marks in your best four subjects at your higher secondary school level.

For exact idea for the minimum marks required for admission in different courses in different DU college you can refer to the cutoff lists for previous year admission available on the link www.du.ac.in.
29th January 2018, 08:45 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

If you only passed your 12th exam from any recognized board then you are eligible for BA. because there are no such criteria for taking admission in graduation.

But yes,some colleges/universities have their own marks criteria , for further information you can visit on college website.Delhi university set its own cutoff so you have to score according to that.
1st February 2018, 10:40 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many marks should I score in Higher Secondary specially in English to take admission in BA English (Hons.) under Delhi University?
For admission in top Arts College in India you have to pass 12th with minimum 80% marks.

For admission basic Arts College marks in English should be minimum 50%.

Admission in top arts college in India is based on percentage that you will get in 12th standard

top universities offering BA courses:-
University of Delhi
Lucknow University
Allahabad University
Guru Nanak Dev University
University of Pune
University of Calcutta
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?