16th September 2013, 09:33 PM
dipanjan dua

Can I take admission in engineering college in India? I have scored 44.6% in PCM

I have got 44.6% number in pcm . Can i take admission any engineering col in india?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for taking admission in VTU? I've scored 49.66% in PCM and total aggregate of 56% marks
  2. Can I get any good marine engineering college in India after scoring 66.4% in 12th board?
  3. List of top engineering colleges available in Bangalore? What's the fee structure? I've scored 66% in 12th(non medical) std in CBSE and AIEEE rank is 329290
  4. Fee structure of Gurunanak Engineering College?
  5. Engineering colleges in which I can get admission for Mechanical Engineering after scoring 94.6%? Cutoff marks for government college of Engineering Pune?
  6. What is the fee structure of Gurunanak Engineering College in Bidar?
  7. How can I get admission in engineering in Karnataka? I have scored 39.33% in PCM in SC category
  8. About entrance in marine engineering college?
  9. List of colleges in Bangalore I can apply for with AIEEE rank 3229290? I've secured 66% marks in 12th(CBSE) and I prefers mechanical , aeronautic engineering or automobile engineering
  10. Best college in India for Aeronautics? Percentage and marks required in 12th for getting a seat in best Aeronautical Engineering college in India? Marks to be scored in PCM in 12th? Is Biology required for Aeronautics?
  11. Can I get admission in government engineering college after scoring 62% in PCM?
  12. Can I get admission for BCA course in a Government College having scored 74% in PCM?
  13. Can I get admission in any engineering college in pune? I have scored 38 marks in JEE mains -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in mechanical engineering? I have scored 57% in PCM
  15. Can I get the admission in engineering college through MHT CET? I have 42% marks in 12th PCM group and scored 73% marks in MHT CET -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to get admission in reputed engineering college in UP after scoring 63.80% in PCM and failing in UPSEE?
  17. Can I get any NIT college in B.Arch after scoring 446 state rank and 7199 AIR?
  18. How to take admission in government college of engineering Pune? I have scored 70% in MHT CET and AIEEE
17th September 2013, 02:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in engineering college in India? I have scored 44.6% in PCM

You will have to appear for the entrance exam to apply for the admission in any engineering college. There are national level exams and the state level exams.

AIEEE and IIT-JEE were the national level entrance exams till 2012. The AIEEE was for All India 15 percent quota while IIT-JEE was for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

However now both the exams have been scrapped and replaced with a new one called Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). This exam is conducted for all the purposes for which AIEEE and IIT-JEE were conducted.

Then there are state level entrance exams. For example Guj CET is for Gujarat. Similarly UPSEE is conducted for Uttar Pradesh.

There has been an attempt by the Union Minister of Human Resources and Development to bring all the states under JEE. Already some states like Maharashtra has scrapped its entrance exam for engineering and now give admission through JEE.

JEE Eligibility

1. The candidate will have to first complete 12th standard.

2. Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Candidates with 3-4 years diploma are also eligible.

4. There is no marks criteria.

5. You should not be more than 25 years old to apply.

6. The relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.

7. There are 3 consecutive attempts per candidate.

There are two stages of the Joint Entrance Exam:-

JEE Mains - This is the first stage and the replacement of AIEEE. Which means that it is purely for All India quota.

JEE Advanced - The second stage and replacement of IIT-JEE. Only those who want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology are required to appear for it.

Please note that only the top 150,000 rank holders in JEE Mains can appear for JEE Advanced. The rank in JEE Mains depend on your performance in the written test and marks obtained in 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?