26th March 2012, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I take biotechnology subject at optional level? I want to become IAS

i am student of biotechnology and i want to become ias .., then can i take biootechnolgy subjects as optional level?

22nd April 2012, 11:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take biotechnology subject at optional level? I want to become IAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of biotechnology and i want to become ias .., then can i take biootechnolgy subjects as optional level?
In order to become an IAS officer, you will have to go through three stages of the entrance exam known as Civil Services Examination and is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Now, in the first stage of the exam, you will have to write two compulsory papers:
General Studies
Civil Service Aptitude Test

Once you qualify this stage, you will be eligible to appear for the next stage of the exam known as Main Exam, which comprise of both compulsory as well as optional papers.
Now, as you have asked about Bio-Technology, I must tell you that this particular subject is not included in the list of Optional subjects. The list comprise of the following subjects and you may select any two:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering, Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

So, as the subject of your expertise is not among the list, you will have to select any other two subjects with which you are comfortable and have fair amount of knowledge. Candidates may select any two subjects whether or not the subjects belongs to his/her stream.
15th August 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take biotechnology subject at optional level? I want to become IAS

which subjects can i choose to get good marks in ias
13th August 2013, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

biotechnology is a subject now taught in degree and PG level in almost all the Indian universities. When a student of biotechnology wants to go for IAS, it is a pity that this subject is not included in the optional subjects list of the written examination. Why UPSC dont feel that, this subject Biotechnology also to be included in the list. Moreover biotechnology is a subject now has got very vast and wide range in the application level.
13th August 2013, 05:57 PM

Biotechnology is now taught in degree and PG level in almost all the universities in Inda. If a student who wants to go for IAS, after taking PG degree in Biotechnology, it is a pity that he/she is not able to select the subject Biotechnology, only because the subject is not listed in the optional subjects list. We all know that Biotechnology is a subject now has a vast and wide range in the application level.

Hence my request is that this subject may also be added in the civil services examination optional subjects list.
10th October 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i m a biotech 3rd year student .i want to b an ias officer. plz suggest me subjects dat i can choose to get good score.it will b better if u suggest subjects related to my stream...
since i m a 3rd year student so plz tell how and when should i start my preparation.plz reply at [email protected]
11th September 2017, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am studying biotech degree level. I don't know what would be the optional subject I can choose for IAS exam.I am interested in IFS. To gain that what are the steps I must taken?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?