15th April 2012, 09:23 PM

Can I take part in IAS exam after completing graduation with computer science?

I want to take part in I.A.S exam. I want to complete my graduation with Computer Science. Can i take part in I.A.S exam with this subject?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get any option subject after completing PG in computer science?
  2. Eligibility criteria for IAS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Complete details about the IAS course? I have completed my graduation from computer science
  4. Should I study PGDCA course after completing 3 years B.Sc(Computer Science)? Is there any entrance exam available to get admission in Kerala? Job opportunities on basis of this course? -- [New]
  5. Post graduation course after B.Tech Computer Science to take part in NASA as Astronaut?
  6. Can I write IAS exam after completing BSc in Computer Science?
  7. How can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  8. Can i give the exam for IAS after completing B.E in computer science
  9. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  10. Can I prepare for IAS and OAS exam after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
  11. Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?
  12. How should I be a part of Indian Army? I have completed graduation in computer science
  13. Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  15. How to do MBA after completing diploma in computer science?
  16. Scope in IAS or IES after B.Tech (CSE)?
  17. What to do after Microbiology (honors) 3-year Graduation Course? I have scored good in Part-I and Part-II but not in Part-III paper
  18. Can I be eligible for IAS entrance exam? I have passed graduation with BCA
16th April 2012, 08:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take part in IAS exam after completing graduation with computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I want to take part in I.A.S exam. I want to complete my graduation with Computer Science. Can i take part in I.A.S exam with this subject?

You have completed graduation degree so you are applicable for IAS exam but your graduation degree must be valid.

Sorry to say that in Preliminary or Mains exam have no subject for computer or computer related.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Examination Pattern of CSAT :

LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECT:-

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details of IAS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

16th April 2012, 09:12 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take part in IAS exam after completing graduation with computer science?

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam as you are a Graduate in Computer Science.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS Officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST/PH up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview
16th April 2012, 10:19 AM
reshu31121991

for IAS any degree with minimumpass percentage of 60%is required.
refer to text books like o.p tondon,r.k narayanan.
current affairs,genaral knowledge and personality development books prefer most of them
.develope your skills .
refer to law books it will be more helpful for writing other competitive exams also.
important guidelines of our constitution and laws enacted for better society especially menat for corruption.
18th April 2012, 12:51 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Hello dear,You have completed graduation degree so you are applicable for IAS exam but your graduation degree must be valid.

Sorry to say that in Preliminary or Mains exam have no subject for computer or computer related.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Examination Pattern of CSAT :

LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECT:-

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details of IAS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2012, 01:09 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.
yes,
you can join ias exam after graduation with computer science

You have completed graduation degree so you are applicable for IAS exam

your age should be in between 22 to 30 years
best of luck
7th July 2012, 01:33 PM

Can i take part in IAS exam after completing my graduation with English?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?