30th January 2017, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I write the intermediate failed subject to join B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?

Sir I am shiva i have completed my intermediate with MPC, but failed in Maths subject. So i joined diploma but now i want to write my intermediate failed subject and join B.Tech and discontinue diploma is it possible?

31st January 2017, 11:16 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write the intermediate failed subject to join B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course for which the basic educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board.

Now as far as you are concerned about appearing in only one paper i.e; Mathematics of your Class 12th board examination having failed in it then for the same you will need to reappear in your Mathematics paper in the board examination of successive year otherwise you will have to reappear in all your papers.

So if you have pursued your Class 12th last year then you are eligible for appearing in Mathematics paper of this year board examination and then by qualifying it you are eligible for B.tech degree otherwise you will need to appear in your Class 12th board examination and have to pass in it for being eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course.
1st February 2017, 12:05 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write the intermediate failed subject to join B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?

Yes, it is possible. You can appear for compartment examination of Mathematics or regular examination of 10+2 board again and secure good marks in all subjects of 10+2 so as to become eligible for Bachelor of Technology course. However, there is one more option, if you continue your diploma, in final year of it, you can apply for LEET to get admission in Bachelor of Technology.

Diploma candidates need to have minimum of 60% marks to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. Through this exam you can get admission in second year of engineering directly. Final decision depends upon you. On basis of 12th board results, you can apply for JEE, SRMEEE, BITSAT etc for admission in engineering.
1st February 2017, 12:24 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can write intermediate examination from board you have appeared for 12th exam and obtain passing marks in board exam to apply for various engineering competitive examination like:

*Joint Entrance Examination.

*State level engineering entrance examination.

*Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude test etc.
1st February 2017, 12:45 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You can write intermediate failed subject to join Bachelor of Technology. For failed subject there is compartment examination or you can apply for it through regular examination. You can also apply for one paper exam.

When you will secure good marks in all subjects of 10+2, you can take admission in engineering either through competitive exam or direct admission.
13th June 2020, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

What if an student fail in complementary exams of inter
18th June 2020, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

If u fail 4 subjects in intermediate can u still join btech and write supplies for failed subjects
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?