14th December 2019, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I write the UPSC exam after BA Political Science in Odia language medium?

Hello everybody, I have completed BA in Political Science in Odia medium language. So, now am I eligible to apply and write the UPSC entrance examination? If not, then what should I do to become eligible for UPSC?

15th December 2019, 01:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write the UPSC exam after BA Political Science in Odia language medium?

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination ( most commonly known as the UPSC examination) is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your graduation degree course in Political Science and that too in Odia medium, you are eligible to apply for the same examination as the discipline and medium of language opted for graduation degree course does not matter as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2019, 02:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write the UPSC exam after BA Political Science in Odia language medium?

UPSC conducts various recruitment examination. Civil Service examination is among the most common examination conducted for the recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The required educational qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation in discipline of bachelor degree to appear in the examination. So, you can appear in the examination and after qualifying in all three stages will become eligible for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2019, 06:09 PM
Hydroponicpali

UPSC stand for Union Public Service Commission and it is graduate level exam for civil services in India.

As far the language is concerned one can give exam in nay language that are mentioned in the schedule 8 of the constitution.
*Odia language is not available for UPSC for your information
In the preliminary exam the paper is generally printed in two languages one is Hindi and other is English .

So, you must know Hindi or English language to appear in UPSC exam.
15th December 2019, 10:06 PM
Hydroponicpali

Yes you are eligible to apply and write the UPSC entrance examination as you have completed your graduation degree.
Nothing extra you have to do, just start preparation for UPSC exam and wait for exam date.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?