12th July 2021, 01:47 PM
Himanshu81400

Can MBBS holder apply for Civil Service Exam without giving the MCI Screening test?

Now I am doing MBBS from Russia . And I want to apply for civil service exam (IAS, IPS,IFS). After completing my MBBS. So I want to ask that without giving mci screening test ( that is now change to next exam ), can I apply for civil service exam. Bec I have valid degree from university.

14th July 2021, 05:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can MBBS holder apply for Civil Service Exam without giving the MCI Screening test?

Yes, you can apply for Civil Service examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

MCI is mandatory for candidates who want to practice as doctor. Examination is conducted in three stages stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2021, 06:39 PM
Pikachuuuu

Default Re: Can MBBS holder apply for Civil Service Exam without giving the MCI Screening test?

No, MBBS holder can't apply for Civil Service Exam without giving the MCI Screening test.

First of all you have to clear MCI Screening test than you are totally eligible to apply for Civil Services examination.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years as general category student.

You can also apply for IMS ( Indian Medical Services) conducted by UPSC.
15th July 2021, 10:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university of India.

>>The age criteria is 21-32 years for general candidates and 21-35 years for OBC candidates and 21-37 years for SC/ST candidates.

MBBS candidates who have done this degree from foreign universities need to write MCI screening test in order to apply for exams as well as practice anywhere in India. After MCI screening test, degree is verified and valid for other purposes.

You can also write UPSC CMS exam after that.
15th July 2021, 09:54 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the foreign graduates pursuing MBBS are eligible to appear for the UPSC CMS Exam. The only condition is that they must have a valid MBBS degree. The MBBS degree of the university must be approved by MCI (Medical Council of India ). And this degree is necessary to apply for UPSC CMS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?