9th February 2022, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Can a student change its college after 2nd year in engineering?

Sir, I want to change my college because it's so far from my home so, I am in 2nd 3sem student in engineering colleges and I want to change my college, does it is possible to change college in same University, if it's can change so what was the process of it

10th February 2022, 12:02 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a student change its college after 2nd year in engineering?

You can change the college after 1st year as both the colleges are in the purview of the same University. You have to apply for transfer certificate in the college you are studying. But you should ensure a seat in the other college before you take the TC from the present college. Otherwise, you will be at a loss.
10th February 2022, 10:03 PM
Zainab Fatima8

Yes,you can change college after 2nd year in Engineering
but only if your college is affiliated of the same university.
Get the transfer certificate from your university.
Confirm the college seats available or not.
11th February 2022, 10:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

In general candidates can change the college within the university but most of the private colleges does not offer this facility.

So, you can visit the official website of your institution and where you want to get the admission to get detail information about the procedure.
11th February 2022, 06:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, it is possible to change the college after 2nd year as both the college's should be under the same University.
You have to apply for transfer certificate in the college you are studying but you should ensure a seat in the other college before you take the transfer certificate from the present college otherwise you will be at a loss.
Behind changing your college it is very important that you should have a valid reason and you have to write an application to the principal of your college mentioning the cause of changing the college and if they allow then they will guide you for further steps.
12th February 2022, 03:42 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You can change colleges after 2nd year as both the colleges are under the same university. You will need to apply for a transfer certificate at the college where you are studying. But before taking TC from the current college you have to confirm a seat in another college.
13th February 2022, 12:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to change college after second year of engineering. As per the general rules of college, candidate can apply for college change under same university after meeting certain requirements.

You need to have a valid genuine reason for college change. Second, there are certain criteria like 60% marks or above in first year of engineering, no backlogs in first and second semesters.
13th February 2022, 03:11 PM
periwinkle09876

YES, a student can change his or her college after 2nd year in engineering but the another college where you are going to take admission should have vacant seats and should be under the same University as that of the previous college.
You just need to write an application to the principal of your college and you have to mention why you want to change your school and give a valid reason behind it and then your college will definitely going to provide you with certain details required in order to get transfer from one college to another.
13th February 2022, 11:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible for any candidate studing in second year of a Bachelor's Degree in engineering to change college.

College change is allowed after first year only.

Distance not a major factor that college will take into account for change in college.
13th February 2022, 11:24 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to change the college affiliated with the same University in second year of BTech course.

So, if you want to do so kindly visit the college in which you want to take admission along with your current college for detail information about the required procedure.
15th February 2023, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Can a engineering student change the college after 2nd year of engineering?please reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?