8th October 2010, 02:46 PM
gauravkatoch

Career in theoretical physics research: Entrance Exams for MSc in Physics Admissions

dear sirs, I aspire a career in theoretical physics research. I've right now completed my BSc in physics kindly guide me through the roadmap. Which university should I prepare for the entrance examination in MSc?

Related Questions:
10th October 2010, 04:39 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in theoretical physics research: Entrance Exams for MSc in Physics Admissions

Dear Friend,

Physics is one of the best as well as very basic subject of the science student.
Theoretical physics which is opposed to the experimental physics is that experiments which are to be funded over.

After achieving the concept of theoretical physics ,you can devote yourself on the area of research where you can make a contribute your knowledge of physics.

There are so many good carrier options in front of you such as:
1:You can join NASA,
2:You also can join DRDO,
3:Job in geophysics
4:Job in particle physics, astrophysics, and biophysics
5:Join as System Computing Physicist/ Engineer
6:Join as Simons Postdoctoral Fellowship
7:Join as Faculty (Professor).
8:You also have position in Mathematical as well as Theoretical Physics
9:You also have a great opportunities in medical physics
10:You also have position in solid-state physics, plasma physics and superconductivity etc....
However,there are so many institutes offering the M.Sc degree in Physics especially,IIT-Kharagpur,IIT-Delhi ,Jadavpur University,University of Pune ,Viswa-Varati etc...

To get admitted in the IITs or any other renowned institutes you have to sit in JAM exam.

for this you should have a Bachelor's degree with Physics as a subject and Mathematics with minimum 55% aggregate marks.

Good luck.
13th October 2010, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Career in theoretical physics research: Entrance Exams for MSc in Physics Admissions

u can do P.G from the following given below:-
crack IIT JAM, JNU,JRF,TIFR
14th October 2010, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

after M.Sc , how to research in physics?
E-MAIL: [email protected]
13th November 2010, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best college in west bengal for m.sc in theoratical physics
6th April 2011, 07:13 PM
p.akilaa

hello sir, tell me some details about entrance exams for msc astrophysics in iit and syllabus to be covered for that exam. if i comlete msc astrophysics i can able to enter into the research field or astronaut.
7th April 2011, 10:33 AM
kingson

Apply M.Sc Physics at karunya University, coimbatore. All india 6th rank in universities. www.karunya.edu
kingson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkatoch View Post
dear sirs, I aspire a career in theoretical physics research. I've right now completed my BSc in physics kindly guide me through the roadmap. Which university should I prepare for the entrance examination in MSc?
23rd July 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

how to prepre for entrnce exm offered by iit for msc in nuclear physics.
3rd November 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

What shoud i have to do to get admition in M.Sc. in Physics at pune university ?
26th January 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to take theoretical physics as my career ,i am b.sc (general ) passed student .
29th July 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i have passed B.Sc Hons in physics with 80 % marks. I want to take admission in M.Sc Physics in any college in Orissa
kindly guide me.
7th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Can i get job in ISRO after completing my Msc. Theoretical physics
15th August 2012, 05:36 PM
manu3

Physics is one of the best as well as very basic subject of the science student.
Theoretical physics which is opposed to the experimental physics is that experiments which are to be funded over.

After achieving the concept of theoretical physics ,you can devote yourself on the area of research where you can make a contribute your knowledge of physics.

10:You also have position in solid-state physics, plasma physics and superconductivity etc....
However,there are so many institutes offering the M.Sc degree in Physics especially,IIT-Kharagpur,IIT-Delhi ,Jadavpur University,University of Pune ,Viswa-Varati etc...

To get admitted in the IITs or any other renowned institutes you have to sit in JAM exam.

for this you should have a Bachelor's degree with Physics as a subject and Mathematics with minimum 55% aggregate marks.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/career-theoretical-physics-research-entrance-exams-msc-physics-admissions-44757.html#ixzz23c08uM5q
15th August 2012, 05:39 PM
manu3

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/career-theoretical-physics-research-entrance-exams-msc-physics-admissions-44757.html#ixzz23c0VNLOj
15th August 2012, 06:20 PM
manu3

Good luck.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/career-theoretical-physics-research-entrance-exams-msc-physics-admissions-44757.html#ixzz23cBBApRU
18th January 2013, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Which college is best for M.Sc astrophysics ?
21st April 2015, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Iam interested in MSC physics,so I would like to know more information about MSC physics ,so please tell me that one
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?