14th August 2016, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Which category should I choose SC or OBC?

Please, tell me that if I have a caste certificate than in which category I have to choose SC or OBC? Please, help me for choosing right category.

14th August 2016, 10:30 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which category should I choose SC or OBC?

You can refer Caste Certificate to know what your caste is and what category you belongs to, it will be clearly mentioned in the Caste Certificate which you have obtained from the Government.

If you have any doubt regarding to which category you belong to, it is best to ask your parents and get clarifies because, if you give wrong details about your category unknowingly, you may lose many advantages like age relaxation, reservations in jobs, etc., which are offered by Government to reserved categories like SC/ ST, OBC, etc.,.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have mentioned that you have a Caste Certificate, so, you can definitely what your caste is and you choose the same when you are applying for admission in any university or while applying for any job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?