20th December 2018, 10:06 AM
Bavitha sree

Chances to join NDA for a candidate who is studying Graduation with NCC in a Government college?

Sir, I have completed my 12th with BIPC and join Government college to study Graduation with NCC. I want to join NDA now. So, is there any chance for me to join NDA? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible.

23rd December 2018, 12:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to join NDA for a candidate who is studying Graduation with NCC in a Government college?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board of education. Further, Mathematics and Physics is required at Class 12th level to join Indian Air force and Indian Navy wing of NDA.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of graduation degree, you can still apply for NDA if you satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd December 2018, 11:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to join NDA for a candidate who is studying Graduation with NCC in a Government college?

Biology, Physics, Chemistry subjects in 12th board exam are eligible to apply for National Defence Academy exam but eligible for Army only. PCM subject candidates are eligible for Navy and Air Force.

2. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for NDA exam.

You can apply for exam if you are within age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?