22nd July 2010, 12:53 AM
Nikhil Kalpund

Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

Can we change college in second year to a good college on the basis of first year marks of engineering?

22nd July 2010, 09:17 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Default Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

yes,
there are many universities in which you can change your college on basis of your good marks, but there certain conditions for that :-
1) both colleges (previous and new) should be of same university
2) your college should be ready to give you no due certificate and ready to relieve you.
3) the new college in which you want to take admission has vacancy and ready to fill that.

It might be difficult but there are some students in my own class who have done this.
22nd July 2010, 09:26 AM
rajanivedha

Post Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

yup..... u can change colleges but they not oly see ur first yr marks they even see ur class 12 marks..

there is a tedious procedure in changing from one college to another ... any way best wishes

regards

rajanivedha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Kalpund View Post
Can we change college in second year to a good college on the basis of first year marks of engineering?
22nd July 2010, 11:52 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

yes,of course but your all the papers of first year must be cleared
22nd July 2010, 12:36 PM
trupti_9227

hello,
i just know that in maharashtra ( through MHT-CET) you can change your branch within the college & also inter college transfer can also be made but it also has some criteria like you can change your college
1. ONLY FROM AN AIDED ONE TO AIDED
2.GOVT. TO GOVT.
3.UNAIDED TO UNAIDED COLLEGE only.
check the official website i.e dte.org.in for further details.
22nd July 2010, 01:02 PM
Kumar Mayank

I do not think there is any such sort of possibility.
What you can do is that you can give entrance exams also while you are in the first year and be admitted via counseling again in first year in another college.
22nd July 2010, 01:19 PM
Rupaksinha

Hello,
this is possible but lots of procedure u have to follow. actually this procedure may take several months infact u will loose ur petience. this can be happen via some big source....simply say this very tough........but u may try....
22nd July 2010, 03:34 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

Hi, Yes. You can change the college, But not for the reason saying Good college. There are many occasions happened in which due to some valid reasons, Students have changed the college. In such cases, The pupil will convey the reason to both the colleges, and on both institutions' approval, Can get and transfer TC and the information must be conveyed to the concerned university.

But in your case, I dont think so, It is possible. Cases like yours can be possible, Only if the college gets approval cancelled for existance. Do check for the same.
22nd July 2010, 03:34 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
You can do but you have to get special permission from the university.You can do this by Credit Acumulation Training Scheme.
22nd July 2010, 03:48 PM
jicks

It is not possible.

You have to take TC from the first college and join second one as a fresh candidate paying full fees including First & II semester.

If you are in First year, after joining college, and still if vacancy exists in other college for the same stream then it fully depends on the respective college to offer you Admission as fresh candidate.
22nd July 2010, 04:41 PM
kumar purushottam

no it is not posible if you want to change the collage then you hav to take fresh admission
22nd July 2010, 04:46 PM
sharad3010

yes u can change the college but only first year marks will not make ur admission there u have to clear the entrance exam they will conduct....

for further knowledge contact me..
22nd July 2010, 04:47 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
no, it is not possible. You can not change your college in second year even if your marks are very good. If you change the college, then you will have to start the course again from first year.
22nd July 2010, 04:58 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend
There are some colleges that offer admission through lateral entry for Diploma holders and a few of them offer admission after the completion of first year from some different college. But this is not very much trendy so the facility is not available in in mostly good colleges. Actually there is no admission test of this kind so it is difficult to name the college exactly. You can try in the colleges of Chennai that offer lateral entry scheme.
Thank You
22nd July 2010, 08:07 PM
odc

yes definitely you can change the college you are admitted in to a different reputed college. but it needs the NOC i.e. no objection certificate of the existing college as well as leaving certificate of the college.
best of luck
23rd July 2010, 08:30 AM
Gittin goyal

changing of college after first year to 2nd year in different college
2nd August 2010, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

Hey can i change my college from 1st year BCA(BIMT college),gurgaon to guru govind singh indraprastha for 2nd year.I actually wanted to change my college because i want to be in delhi rather than gurgaon.
3rd August 2010, 01:52 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

dear friend

firstly both the colleges should be of the same university.

it is a management work and understanding between the two colleges.

u can try for it. but i think chance is very less.

all the best.
4th August 2010, 04:20 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

you can change college from 1st yr to 2nd yr but both colleges are accommodate to same university and same branch... although its a very difficult because college permission is also necessary..
7th August 2010, 02:16 PM
rohit_k

yes,
there are many universities in which you can change your college on basis of your good marks, but there certain conditions for that :-
university as same branches in india and other also.
university tyap in good university as well as abord university.
more chances will be provided of very student in aboard university only. on the basis of good performance in any university
15th August 2010, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to take admission from one college to another for second year
29th August 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

some one can change first year engineering to seond year engineering of different colleges and also diffrent university?
30th August 2010, 03:01 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry friends,

there is no any such rule for changing the collge on the basis of the 1st years marks..

you only can change the department if you score well in the 1st year.

but you can not change the collge.
30th August 2010, 11:37 AM
Raj333

dear friend
this is not possible to change the college in any case.you will change you branch only after ist year by getting good aggregate marks in year.if your college will get closed duo to some region then you will give your examination in your university. university will provide you some college for finishing your degree.but lastly you will get degree from same college...............

best of luck.....................................
31st August 2010, 02:02 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
according to my knowledge u can not change ur collegefrom 1st yr engg to 2nd yr engg.only u can cahange ur stream in 2nd yr in ur college.bt for that u have good marks in ur 1st yr .bt if u r diploma then u can come directly in 2nd yr b.tech.for that u have to give one entrance exam ,JELLET exam.so by JELLET exam u can take admission in b.tech 2nd yr.so take decission & make ur bright future.
good luck.
1st September 2010, 01:38 PM
syedirshadameen

Thumbs up Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

yes of course u can change college in engineering from first yesr to second year
5th September 2010, 09:59 PM
TUSHARRRRR

can i change engineering college from frist year to second year?
6th September 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to change the college after one year of eng.... plz help me?//
7th September 2010, 12:44 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, you can change your college in second year to a good college. But they not only consider your 1st year btech marks but also give due regard to your 10+2 marks.

The process of changing from 1 college to another is cumbersome. There are many conditions like:

You can change your college to other college but it must belong to the same university.
The new college should have vaccancies for admitting new students.
7th September 2010, 10:35 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
You can change your college in 2nd year but within the same university, but if you are in a private engineering college then it is very tough work for you to change your college.
first you have to search in which better college the seat has left to fill.

But the university in which you are studying may not consider your problem, because they give the affiliation to that college & you are challenging the system of your college.

The procedure may take long time to complete, so i suggest you to continue your study in the same college.
& if your request could not be full fill in future then you will be black listed by your college, which is very negative point for you & your career.

good luck.
7th September 2010, 11:08 AM
chaitu667

Hello bro!

You can change your college after 1st year of B.Tech but there are certain conditions that you need to fulfill. This is possible only for local colleges under same universities and for IIT's or NIT's its not possible to change your college.

If you get fair percentage of marks then you can do it and moreover you need to get no due certificate and good conduct certificate from the present college that you are studying. On the other hand the college which you want to join needs to agree with your proposal. Then the present college of yours will transfer your records to the joining college.

Good luck!
7th September 2010, 11:44 AM
meeria

dear friend

yeah you can change the college after 1st year there are so many rule

1. you have must score nearly 80% in 1st year
2.both colleges (previous and new) should be of same university
3.if you previous college agree to give TC

all the beat
8th September 2010, 02:12 PM
bapuram

dear feiend,

generally this is done by the counseller of a university under which your college is affiliated. and also the other option is to contact the chairman/director of both the institutes and they have the power to change your college.

good luck
18th September 2010, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

we want change college as well as university. what is the procedure of it? please help...
18th September 2010, 11:13 PM
NEHA G

Quote:
yes of course u can change the college but the college should belong to the same university!! i think you need to consult the dean or the registrar of the university regarding this matter. before that you need to talk to your HOD or the principal, get a letter from him giving a genuine reason.
19th September 2010, 01:16 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

this facility are not available if you done first year in any college and after this you want to change the college it is not possible. for more information please contact the college adminstrative. thanking you..
8th October 2010, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i want to join through councelling
25th October 2010, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to know any chance of transferring to other engg.college within a month of joining the college
2nd November 2010, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING FIRST YEAR .I AM WILLING TO JOIN AGAIN FIRST YEAR IT'S POSSIBLE
8th November 2010, 06:24 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Changing College from first year engineering to second year engineering of different college

Yes, you can change your college but not your trade,
21st April 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

i want change collage after first year b.tech. Is it possible?
26th June 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to change the college from first to second year?
i want to change my college on the basis of good score of my first year.
please give me some ideas whats the procedure of it?
20th July 2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

i want to change my college as its study is going in other college and its also not approved.in 1st year i got admission in ramswaroop.but after 1 month i had changed as i came to know about the college in which i study now.plz tell me can i change my college its really not good
2nd September 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to changing branch ffffrom civil to e&tc after taking the admission in second year civil?
24th September 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know any chance of transferring to other engg.college within a month of joining the college
ya u can
27th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

can i change my college from second year engg. to third year engg. of different college
27th September 2011, 10:15 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

You can surely change your college based on your percentage in the first year in the existing college provided that you are changing to a college in the same university

if you are changing your college to a different university then you will have to give the lateral entry exam of your desired college and if you clear the exam then you will get direct admission to the 2nd year of your desired college
you can apply for any college as you like except for IITs and NITs
27th September 2011, 11:30 PM
coolsam.9

Hi daer,
You can change your college in 2nd year but within the same university, but if you are in a private engineering college then it is very tough work for you to change your college.
first you have to search in which better college the seat has left to fill.

But the university in which you are studying may not consider your problem, because they give the affiliation to that college & you are challenging the system of your college.

The procedure may take long time to complete, so i suggest you to continue your study in the same college.
& if your request could not be full fill in future then you will be black listed by your college, which is very negative point for you & your career.

Thanks
21st October 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to change my college. I know its too late .Do i get admission now?I got88%marks in first year.
22nd October 2011, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

changing college after 6th semester its possible or not in a same university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?