21st February 2010, 02:16 PM
mamtachavan

Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

respected sir,

i am confused with subject for M-tech in electrical and also abt the entrance exam and the eligibility criteria and colleges for M-tech
so kindly help.

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges/universities in Mumbai offering part time B.Tech in Electrical? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  2. Which are the reputed colleges and entrance exams to do M.Tech in USA after completing Electrical Engineering?
  3. How much money is needed to complete the course of M.Tech? How many branches are there in Electrical Engineering? Total number of colleges offering electrical engineering?
  4. Which colleges come under Anna University offering M.Tech course in electrical?
  5. List of self financing colleges in Kerala offering M.Tech in Electrical?
  6. List of the engineering colleges along with their details like eligibility criteria, admission procedure etc, offering B.Tech course in robotic engineering? I have done diploma in electrical engineering
  7. Information about colleges offering M.Tech course for B.Tech Electrical and Power students? Criteria and fee structure for M.Tech?
  8. List of self financing colleges in Kerala offering M.Tech in Electrical?
  9. List of the universities and colleges offering M.E/M.Tech?
  10. List of self financing colleges offering M.Tech in Electrical Engineering in Kerala?
  11. List of the colleges offering M.Tech in electrical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for M.Tech in Biotechnology after passing electrical and electronics?
  13. Which are the electrical companies offering to do project?
  14. Eligibility criteria to apply Jobs in Core Electrical Companies like NTPC, NHPC and SAIL being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Electrical Engineering?
  15. Which are the suitable college for M.Tech? I have done B.Tech in electrical engineering with 76.36%
  16. Best M.Tech colleges in Pune? Where to take admission for M.Tech after completing B.E Electrical
  17. Masters in Automobile Engineering after pursing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering? List of reputed colleges in India offering M.Tech? Universities in USA offering the same?
  18. Am I eligible to do masters in Electrical, Computers or IT if I have done B.Tech in Mechatronics? -- [New]
22nd February 2010, 03:15 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

Default Re: Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

dear friend
why you think about the eligibility for enter into m.tech courses....
if you get good marks in gate...........then you can get direct admission into m.tech courses........
so if you want to do m.tech...................then prepare for gate...........
its the right way for doing m.tech
so
best of luck
23rd February 2010, 05:13 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

you prepare yourself ..for GATE 2011..
you get good %tile in this exam and get
good college like IIT,NIT
then for electrical concentrate on your basic subjects like
Control system,electrical machine....
and then do your degree MTECH....
good luck...
27th February 2010, 03:48 AM
quddus

There are lots of engineering colleges which offers M.tech and entrance exams also depends upon the colleges itself.

For example- IIT conducts GATE.NIT aslo follows the same.
27th February 2010, 04:02 AM
quddus

According to me any institute which offers B.tech also offers M.tech.

In my opinion IIT's are the best place for GATE scores.
21st April 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

sir, my name is jayanth.i got 14.33 marks in gate.can i apply mtech through gate.can i get seat in private colleges.plese reply me
30th April 2010, 09:19 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, my name is jayanth.i got 14.33 marks in gate.can i apply mtech through gate.can i get seat in private colleges.plese reply me
Yes it is clearly mentioned in GATE criteria that if you are qualifying GATE Entrance then you will get admission into M.tech.

You will get admission into M.tech in some small private Engineering college.Dont worry if you had GATE score you persue M.tech, weather it is small private engineering college or through Management quota or else.

Best of Luck
24th May 2010, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am a 3rd year b.tech student.can i write the gate 2011 exam?If so what is the admission process for 3rd year students who qualified for gate 2011?pls answer to this query sir...please
25th May 2010, 05:19 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir i am a 3rd year b.tech student.can i write the gate 2011 exam?If so what is the admission process for 3rd year students who qualified for gate 2011?pls answer to this query sir...please

Yes you are eligible for GATE 2011. Even 3rd year B.Tech student is eligible for appearing in GATE, as because GATE scores are valid for 2 years.

So, if had appeared for it, then you are eligible for getting admission into M.Tech in 2011.

But since you have not appeared for it, no problem you can appear for 2011.

Also there is no limit for maximum numbersof attempts for GATE, but age limit of 30 years.
25th May 2010, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir, my name is C.Sameer Kumar, i got 22500 rank in gate.can ia get mtech seat at hyderabad in eee branch
25th May 2010, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in mtech in hyderabad eee streat my gate rank is 22552
28th May 2010, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

gate score valid for how many years for gate 2011?
29th May 2010, 01:09 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:

GATE score is Valid for 2 consecutive years.

For example- If you had appeared for GATE 2010, then your GATE are valid for upto 2011. So, even a B.Tech 3rd semester student is eligible for GATE. However there are some provisions for that.
29th May 2010, 01:54 AM
phuchi

hi friend,
there are so many Colleges offering M-tech in electrical
IITs,
NITs,
private colleges
for getting admission you have to sit for an exam GATE in which you have to score good percentile of marks then after you can apply in different colleges
29th May 2010, 09:52 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you are eligible for GATE 2011. Even 3rd year B.Tech student is eligible for appearing in GATE, as because GATE scores are valid for 2 years.So, if had appeared for it, then you are eligible for getting admission into M.Tech in 2011.
29th May 2010, 10:36 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

To get admission in M.tech, then you have to appear the GATE exams, after
clear the GATE exams with good marks then you will get admission in M.tech
in some good private colleges like IIT'S and NIT'S........
29th May 2010, 01:29 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

dear friend dont worry much
please go through the link
http://entrance-exam.net/eligibility-criteria-in-mtech/
it will really help you in solving your query and your confusion.
29th May 2010, 03:43 PM
drdo99
Banned

some colleges are:
GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLLEGE THRISSUR
680 009
Kerela

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF SC & TECH,
CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY
92, APCS ROAD

Courses BENGAL ENGG COLLEGE
BORANIC GARDEN
SHIBPORE,
HOWRAH
711 103

you need a gate score.
29th May 2010, 04:34 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

Quote:
hey friend the GATE exam score will be valid for 2 years only...after 2 years you have to re write the exam and then apply for some job........

best wishes
5th June 2010, 06:33 AM
Unregistered

sir i am writing gate 2011 exam as a 3rd year student...does i get admission into m.tech colleges after completing my b.tech 4th year with the same gate score which i got in gate 2011
27th June 2010, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

i am divya...sir/mam i am appearing for gate 2011 as a third year student...can i get admission into mtech colleges after my fourth year btech with same gate score which i got in 2011?
28th June 2010, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

what is B.tech (%) percentage criteria for geting seat into IIT Bombay,with valid gate %tile.Is it gate 2011 score will valid for 2 years.
29th June 2010, 01:46 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i am divya...sir/mam i am appearing for gate 2011 as a third year student...can i get admission into mtech colleges after my fourth year btech with same gate score which i got in 2011?

Yes of course dear why not.........!

GATE scores are valid for 2 years.

So, if you are appearing for GATE 2011 then you can use your score in 2012 also.
29th June 2010, 07:45 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
yes in every college can be provided m.tech in eletrical. you can purchase a form of gate exam conduct by iit for every engineering students only then you score good marks in gate exam then you can get admission in iit colleges like iit delhi,iit mumbai, etc.
29th June 2010, 01:18 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Hello friend ,
You should get colleges like IIT's,NIT's,IIIT's,BIT's,BHU,VITEEE,DU,JAMIYA,etc. For that you must score good % in GATE exam also complete B.TECH with 65%.
29th June 2010, 02:16 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

dear friend

check out the following colleges for M.TECH in electrical.

1.IIT DELHI

2.IIT KGP

3.IIT BOMBAY

4.NIT DURGAPUR

5.JU

6.BESU

7.KIIT

8.VIT

9.BITS

The criteria to get admitted to M.TECH is GATE.

qualify GATE with good score than u will be admitted to any college as perur rank.

all the best.
30th June 2010, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i have got GATE 93 PERCENTILE . CAN I GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP OR AWARDS CAN ANYONE TELL ME. IM PLANNING TO DO MY MTECH IN COLLEGE OF ENGG TRIVANDRUM
1st July 2010, 11:34 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have got GATE 93 PERCENTILE . CAN I GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP OR AWARDS CAN ANYONE TELL ME. IM PLANNING TO DO MY MTECH IN COLLEGE OF ENGG TRIVANDRUM

Well dear just Providing GATE Percentile is not enough to confirm you.

What is your GATE score and AIR, without having proper data I can not confirm you dear.
1st July 2010, 11:41 AM
db2

Smile Re: Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamtachavan View Post
respected sir,

i am confused with subject for M-tech in electrical and also abt the entrance exam and the eligibility criteria and colleges for M-tech
so kindly help.
@mamtachavan Prepare yourself for the GATE examination for quality education. Then you will get into top engineering colleges like the IITs, NITs and IISc, Bangalore.
1st July 2010, 11:52 AM
jashankoshal

there must be no confusion at all.
you must score at least 60% in your graduation.
Then you must clear GATE exam with a good score.
All IIT, IIIT, NIT, and various other institutes are there from where you can do your mtech provided that you must score good marks in GATE.
So start preparing for GATE.
Best Of Luck!
1st July 2010, 12:47 PM
RACHANA95

Quote:
respected sir,

so kindly help.
dear mamtachayan,
firstly you should not stress,secondly for M-tech admission good GATE scored card necessary.you have much time for preparation of GATE. Form of GATE will available in October and exam held on second Sunday of February.
ok
BEST OF LUCK
1st July 2010, 12:50 PM
krishna d patel

hi,
you need to clear your gate exam. it may be held in your college. if you get good score the best college in mumbai for m- tech is vjti, mumbai
1st July 2010, 01:29 PM
vamsi_1

Thumbs up Re: Colleges offering M-tech in electrical? Eligibility criteria for Mtech in electrical and its entrance exams?

many colleges in INDIA where offering M.TECH in INDIA and most of them are taking the gate score as a refference.so concentrate on preparing for GATE
1st July 2010, 01:39 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
there are many colleges which offer the electrical(mtech),like iits,nits and also many of the private colleges,so for getting the admission you have to give the gate exam conducted for getting the admission in any of the colleges according to the rank.
1st July 2010, 03:57 PM
jayaramrddy

Hi,friend

To persue your higher education in M.Tech you can directly attempt GATE for admission into IIT's and NIT's though many private universities are also giving admission on GATE score only....

You can also get admission into private universities like VIT,SRM,MANIPAL..... where u have to clear their entrance exam which would be conducted in the months of April and May...

If required u can even attempt Anna university exam for the same to get admission into some best colleges under Anna university... And will be awarded a degree from Anna university whiah is worth....

So, best of luck....
1st July 2010, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

my gate marks are 26.33 n the cut-off in my branch for my category was 25...my AIR is 969...gate score 424...
pls tell me how should i calculate my percentile??....besides in which colleges can i get admission for pursuing my M.TeCH???
total no of candidates appeared in my paper were 14476...
pls rply me at my email-id:[email protected]
6th July 2010, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility required for electrical engineering ?? How much exam result is required for electrical engineering ?? How much WBJEE / IIT-JEE rank is required for admission ??? Please, sir, answer this questions & send the answers to my email id :- [email protected]
7th July 2010, 07:07 AM
gohan4

hi
for M.tec you have to clear gate exams if your score is good you easily get good
collage
8th July 2010, 01:48 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
what is the eligibility required for electrical engineering ?? How much exam result is required for electrical engineering ?? How much WBJEE / IIT-JEE rank is required for admission ??? Please, sir, answer this questions & send the answers to my email id :- [email protected]

what is the eligibility required for electrical engineering ??
How much exam result is required for electrical engineering ??

There is no patticular requirement for it. IF any candidate is fulfilling the Entrance requirement and the institute of there choice then it will be provided admission.

For example:- If you have at least 60% aggregate and a IITJEE rank of 5000 then you can expect anyone of IITkgh, IITM, IITRaj.

How much WBJEE / IIT-JEE rank is required for admission ???

Well, for getting in Good Institute Probably rank within 15,000 in WBJEE and within 6,000 in IITJEE.
8th July 2010, 02:04 PM
jalwa

To persue your higher education in M.Tech you can directly attempt GATE for admission into IIT's and NIT's though many private universities are also giving admission on GATE score only
31st July 2010, 10:04 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend Eligibility Criteria for m.tech in electrical is as follows

In order to be eligible for the afore mentioned course, candidates must at least be graduates having earned their B.Tech in Electrical Engineering and the degree should be a valid one. Moreover, some colleges also demand a certain minimum percentile of marks.
31st July 2010, 10:05 PM
Senior Member+++

friend
following are the Best Places to Pursue m.tech in electrical :

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore

Annamalai University, Chennai

National Institute of technology

Birla Institute of Technology

Jadavpur University, Kolkata
3rd August 2010, 10:36 PM
prathamesh22

you can apply at
IITs,
NITs,
private colleges
VJTI
28th August 2010, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I am 30 years old.Passed Msc in biochemistry with 62% in 2005.can I appear Gate 2011?What is the age limit for gate exam?sona.
29th August 2010, 11:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I am 30 years old.Passed Msc in biochemistry with 62% in 2005.can I appear Gate 2011?What is the age limit for gate exam?sona.

No dear you can not appear for GATE 2011 as the age limit is 30 years and you have already attend the age of 30 years and will be of 31 in 2011.

Appearing in 2010 was your last chance.

However, CSIR NET, JRF, TIRF, SET etc. like options are available for you to get you in P.hd.
30th August 2010, 12:34 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,
Don't get confussed, think once more about the subject and college.
However, i am giving you the full description about it.
For getting into the M.tech you must appear for the GATE exam. If you clear the GATE exam then you will get chance in the various colleges/universities.
Now for getting into the best colleges with demanding subjects you need to score more than 90 percent.
If you have good percentage in B.Tech then you will surely get chance into the best colleges.
The GATE score decides the college. you will get good college if you score more than 600+.
The moral is that prepare well for GATE and score well.
Good luck!!!!!
30th August 2010, 08:45 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
if you want to do m.tech in electrical then then why are thinking about the marks in b.tech?because to do m.tech you have to appear for Gate exam and marks is not the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam.so just concentrate on your gate preparations and do well in the exam so that you get a good college for m.yech
All The best!!!
30th August 2010, 04:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There are many Colleges offering M.Tech electrical like Birla institute of technology,NIT,IIT etc…For admission into Mtech you have to clear GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test).The candidates appearing for GATE should not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years.
30th August 2010, 09:30 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
there r many colleges r avalable for offering M.TECH in electrical.the name of colleges r
1.JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY,KOLKATA
2.SHIVPUR UNIVERSITY,KOLKATA.
3.KHARAGPUR IIT.
4.MUMBAI IIT.
5 .IIT,BANGLORE
6.IIT GUAHATI
7.NIT DURGAPUR
ect .
*if u want to do M.TECH in any govt. college then u have to score above 80% in gate exam.or if u want to get admission in any non govt. college for M.TECH then ur qualified marks is enough.
*the name of entrance exam is GATE(graduate apptitude test).
good luck.
30th August 2010, 10:58 PM
shipra saxena

Quote:
respected sir,

so kindly help.
for m.tech the best institute is iityou can prepare for gate and clear it up alll the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?