21st September 2020, 06:59 PM
s.dyaus

Is it compulsory to have B.Com graduate degree course only to be eligible for registration in CA course?

Hi, I am about to complete my BA Economics hons. Can I start with Chartered Accountants (CA) course once I complete my BA Economics? Will I get exemption from CPT stage on the basis of BA Economics? I also heard that only B.Com qualified candidates are eligible for CA registration. Is it true? Can't I register for CA course?

24th September 2020, 01:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have B.Com graduate degree course only to be eligible for registration in CA course?

Having completed your B.A. in Economics degree course, you are certainly eligible to register for CA (Chartered Accountancy) course.

Also, to join CA Foundation course, you are required to qualify CPT (Common Proficiency Test) held twice every year by ICAI.

Further, as far as you are concerned about the possibility of getting an exemption from CPT and therefore to directly register for IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) i.e; Stage II of three staged CA course having completed your B.A. Economics degree course then I would like to let you know that you can exempt CPT if your overall marks in aggregate in your degree course is 60%.

For complete details regarding CA course structure and other FAQs related to it, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
25th September 2020, 02:31 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have B.Com graduate degree course only to be eligible for registration in CA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.dyaus View Post
Hi, I am about to complete my BA Economics hons. Can I start with Chartered Accountants (CA) course once I complete my BA Economics? Will I get exemption from CPT stage on the basis of BA Economics? I also heard that only B.Com qualified candidates are eligible for CA registration. Is it true? Can't I register for CA course?
1)The minimum qualification required to pursue ICAI CA course is Class 12.
2)The candidates who have passed Class 12 can take up CPT course (Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is the beginning stage to start a career in Charted Accountancy)

Please find the attachment which consists of eligibility criteria,mode of entry in CA course.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CA COURSE.pdf(489.4 KB, 0 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?