21st September 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Can Computer Science qualified graduate student study regular MBBS degree course?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a fresh graduated in B.Sc Computer Science but now I am interested in MBBS. I also passed 12th in Computer Science. Can I study MBBS? Will I get admission in any medical colleges? And, which entrance would I have to write? Do I need to appear for NEET?

24th September 2020, 01:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Computer Science qualified graduate student study regular MBBS degree course?

The first thing I would like to let you know that the minimum education required to pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board of education. Also, the minimum marks in aggregate to be secured in PCB group subjects is 50% which is relaxable upto 10% in case of reserved category candidates.

So, if you hold the above mentioned educational qualification then you can pursue MBBS degree course by appearing in NEET and qualifying it irrespective of your other educational qualifications.

For complete details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
25th September 2020, 12:44 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: Can Computer Science qualified graduate student study regular MBBS degree course?

Eligibility to pursue MBBS-
* Must have passed 12th in science stream with PCB as main subjects from a recognised board.
* Should score minimum 50% marks in aggregate in PCB.
Further, in order to do MBBS candidate are required to qualify NEET entrance exam.
25th September 2020, 02:11 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a fresh graduated in B.Sc Computer Science but now I am interested in MBBS. I also passed 12th in Computer Science. Can I study MBBS? Will I get admission in any medical colleges? And, which entrance would I have to write? Do I need to appear for NEET?
To pursue MBBS/BHMS/BAMS/BUMS/BDS/B-Pharm/B.Sc ,one must have done 12th in physics,chemistry,biology (botany and zoology)
Yes ,you need to appear for NEET entrance exam for MBBS admission in universities/colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?