15th May 2017, 03:23 PM

Which course after engineering can get me a job?

I have completed my engineering in IT, and searching for a job from last 1 year but i am not getting it. Which course should i choose after engineering to get a good job?

15th May 2017, 09:23 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course after engineering can get me a job?

This issue is being faced by many of the candidates who have completed Engineering in IT stream in the current days.

The reason being they will not get selected by companies when the companies came for campus placements and when they come to outside market, there is heavy competition.

I have seen so many companies who are conducting recruitment drive for the candidates who have completed Engineering and for every walkin thousands and thousands of candidates are being attended.

Yes. You should be proficient enough in some courses to get a job.

The following would be beneficial
C,
C++,
Java,
Oracle,
.Net

At fresher level, if you have knowledge in these courses, that would be sufficient.

In addition, you should be strong enough in your subject knowledge of your academics.

Having decent communication skills will benefit you a lot. For this, you can join any soft skills program being offered by coaching centers.

If you are not good enough in English, join Spoken English course also.

At fresher level, too many rounds being conducted by companies.
-Written Test
-Group Discussion
-JAM (Just A Minute)
-Technical Interview
-HR Interview

If you have scored more than 60% or marks in all your academics, then you are eligible almost all job opportunities.
15th May 2017, 09:45 PM
ranu shahi

You can go for M.Tech in IT for getting a good Job.
Or you can try your luck in:-
Banking Sector
UPSC
Railway
SSC
BPSC
MPSC
Indian Army
State Police.
There are various post in army, navy or air force for the candidates which hold some technical degree.
15th May 2017, 09:48 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As you have done B.Tech in IT Engineering, you are required to follow a certain procedure in order to get job in good MNC company. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> You must have done B.E/ B.Tech in CSE/ IT/ Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering..etc., from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage required in studies throughout the academics is more than 60% marks or just 60% marks.

>> I strongly suggest you to get good command over the below mentioned programming languages and they may include,
* C Language
* C++
* Oracle
* Java
* .NET (Dot NET)
* Linux/ Unix
* Data Structures
* DBMS...etc.,

* Quantitative Aptitude Skills
* Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning Skills
15th May 2017, 11:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To get a job after completion of your Engineering course, you have to learn some new courses like .Net, SAP, Devops, Oracle, etc.,. You need to have good aptitude skills, communication skills along with programming skills to get a good job. You need to technically strong when you are attending Interviews related to Software field. So, I suggest you to learn any one programming language in such a way that you can write program for any given question, so, that you can easily get a job.
16th May 2017, 12:42 AM
perthc

Hi,

You can do any of the below courses after engineering which has lot of demand and scope:-

==>Expert In Big Data

==>ITIL Certifications - Foundation, Intermediate, Expert

==>IOT-Internet of Things

==>RHCA-Red Hat Certified Administrator

==>IBM Bluemix Certification course
16th May 2017, 05:32 PM
kohli183

All engineering courses have good job opportunities but you can complete your engineering course with good score (min first class marks) , good communication skills and also programming languages / skills

Following are the job offering companies

TCS , Infosys, SAIL, BHEL, DRDO. NCL, Wipro

Some Engineering Courses L

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Information Technology

Computer Science & Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?