21st February 2017, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I pursue after class 12th that will be helpful for Civil Services Examination (CSE)?

Respected Sir, I will be completing my class 12th this year and after completing it I want to apply for Civil Services Examination so I want to know which course should I pursue after class 12th that will be helpful for Civil Services Examination (CSE)? Please answer as soon as possible.

24th February 2017, 02:21 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after class 12th that will be helpful for Civil Services Examination (CSE)?

First of all I appreciate your willingness to apply for Civil Services Exam. UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other different posts. You are interested apply for this exam and want to know about the graduation course which you can opt that will be helpful for Civil Services Exam.

>>For getting eligible for UPSC CSE exam, you can do graduation from any discipline. But in my opinion, you have to choose graduation discipline which helps you in preparation too. For this you can choose either arts or science discipline which is a better option.

Following are the graduation discipline which you can opt:

--B.A History (honors)

--B.A Geography (honors)

--B.A Political Science (honors)

--B.Sc Physics (honors)

--B.Sc Chemistry (honors)

**If you do graduation in the above discipline then it helps you in the Preliminary exam. And you can take as a subject in the Mains exam too.
24th February 2017, 05:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after class 12th that will be helpful for Civil Services Examination (CSE)?

For appearing in Civil Service examination the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination after 12th.

Also, there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination so, you can pursue any stream in bachelor degree.

But, it will be best for you to select the discipline paper in which you have more interest and knowledge so that you can select it as optional paper for Mains and will be helpful for you in qualifying in Mains paper ( two paper ).

Other than this all other papers are same for candidates passed degree in any discipline as it contains question of General Studies, and Current Affairs. For syllabus of examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th February 2017, 11:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to pursue any particular course after completion of your 12th standard even if you are interested to apply for Civil Services examination. To be eligible to appear in Civil Services examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to pursue any course of your interest and after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?