24th May 2012, 11:24 PM

Which course should I take after passing 12th? Is there any scope? I have completed 10th and interested in genetics

I have interest in genetics.I have completed 10th. which course should i take after standard 12? Is there any scope?

2nd June 2013, 03:14 PM
Nishchal gupta
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I take after passing 12th? Is there any scope? I have completed 10th and interested in genetics

Opt for biology in cls 11 and as a say from experience as i opted for it i can say after 12th u can go for genetics engg.

By pursuing a career in genetic engineering you will be learning the science of making modifications in the existing characteristics of living being. The changes are made in the code of the DNA. You have an option to either go for BSc and then MSc or you could go for engineering course. IIT offers both engineering and BSc and MSc course. There a lots of institutes offering courses in BSc and MSc like All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bharathiar University, Calicut University, Faculty of applied science etc. It is must that the candidate pursue to biology, chemistry during 12th standard. Along with the two science subjects it is a must that mathematics also should have been one of the subjects studied. So it is not possible to select this field without taking mathematics in 12th standard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?