29th April 2012, 09:39 PM
A.R.Jayashree

Which courses may be useful after completion of B.Tech? I did my B.Tech in ECE

please tell me which courses may be usefull after completion of btech.i did my btech in ece,i want to join software jobs,which courses i should learn?

7th July 2012, 09:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which courses may be useful after completion of B.Tech? I did my B.Tech in ECE

If your sole intention of a course after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering is to get a job in Software industry I must tell you that there is no need to go for another course as you can get job in software industry after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The $60 billion worth of IT industry in India offers jobs to Electronics and Communication Engineers. In fact the leading IT company in India, INFOSYS is also leading hirer of Electronics and Communication Engineers in India. INFOSYS gives on campus jobs to hundreds of B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering students.

Apart from INFOSYS the other companies that can offer you jobs include National and Multi National Companies. Some of these companies are:

Wipro

HCL

Microsoft

Google

TCS

IBM

Yahoo

C.T.S

Tech Mahindra

Your job scope in not just limited to Software field but hardware field as well. Several well known hardware companies also offer jobs after B.Tech in ECE.

Intel

Dell

HP

AMD

A lot of these companies hire B.Tech in ECE candidates through their own entrance exam. You will have to keep the check on newspaper and leading jobs sites for information related to their entrance exam for jobs. These companies have criteria of their own like at least 60 per cent marks in graduation course.

The selection procedure include:

Written Exam

Technical Round

Group Discussion

HR Round

However there is also the option for opting higher studies to further enchance your chances of getting good job in Sofware field.

The first option in front of you is M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering. To do so, you will first require to pass the GATE entrance exam following which you can get admission in any good university but that depends of your GATE score.

Due to rising competition sometimes having B.Tech degree in ECE alone might not be enough for software jobs. In that case you can do a course preferrable short term course in some software field to enhance your chances.

You should prefer some software courses like

C++

Oracle

Java

.Net

J2EE
17th October 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which courses may be useful after completion of B.Tech? I did my B.Tech in ECE

well..i really appreciate you for the efforts you are making for us to know about our career..
i want to know as usual the simple thng
what should i do after b.tech in ECE as should i go for mba or m.tech or as the courses as i like robotics alot but only like dnt knw wt actually mean of doing it? frankly telling i hv no idea about anything umm too much confused as i am 2011' s passout student.
18th October 2012, 12:09 AM
sanjaychauhan01

Dear..

If you have done your B.tech and if you want to go in some IT company then let me tell you that B.tech is not at all enough for you. You have to learn something extra to get a good and reputed job in IT industry. The course that you can consider are as follows :-

1.MBA :- Doing an MBA can give you many benefits, It can increase your resume's worth and can also provide an edge over others. you can get a job in almost every software company at management position as for these kinda position they do not want a candidate who has a mere Engineering degree.

2. SAP :- These kinda courses are very much in demand so you can do this course and can get a good job in the market.

3. .NET or Languages :- You have to learn these languages also as these programming language are everything in today's IT industry.

4. Networking :- You can also do networking course to excel in the software industry.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
24th October 2012, 09:56 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,

You can opt for M.Tech in ECE by appearing for GATE. The options will widen after completing your M.Tech and you will have a better job with better pay package as compared to now with only your B.Tech degree.

You can also opt for MBA if you want. You can appear for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc for the same. If you pursue your MBA from a top college then you can be sure that you get a good job with a pay package to envy for.

Best wishes..
14th November 2012, 09:52 PM
sainathsachin

Thumbs up Re: Which courses may be useful after completion of B.Tech? I did my B.Tech in ECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.Jayashree View Post
please tell me which courses may be usefull after completion of btech.i did my btech in ece,i want to join software jobs,which courses i should learn?
Hello sir!

You have two options either you can go Core side or choose Software job.

1)Software Developer
2)Embedded system developer

==>if you have a strong knowledge on Embedded systems then you can do to design engineer.
Prerequisites for core side
==========================

==>for that you can have strong confidence on low level programming language(machine language or assembly language ) and you have thorough knowledge on Microprocessors and Micro controllers.

Prerequisites for IT jobs
=========================

==>if you have strong knowledge on programming you can go to IT industry.
for becoming a programmer or Software developer as a fresher you have thorough knowledge on C,C++,Java.
now a days java has the more future and more jobs for freshers. apart from learning so many courses learn following courses.

(i)J2SE(Java Standard Edition)
(ii)J2EE(JDBC,SERVLETS,JSP) enough
(iii)Oracle database software.
(or)
php and Mysql(Database)also one of best course for freshers for getting more calls.
for fresher jobs on java refer http://www.myjavahub.com
you can register Monster,Times now,Cnaukri are best sites for freshers
as a fresher these content is enough.
post resume on it you definitely get job.
sites to post resume:
http://www.Timesnow.com
http://www.monster.com(it works better)
http://www.Cnaukri.com
http://www.shine.com

all the best.
4th June 2013, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

What I have to do before b-tech?
13th June 2013, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir...i finished BE ece, i want do ME, so pls give idea about which is best course in ME
29th June 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

i finished BE ECE if i study PLC Course is there future or developement in that field or i should study some other course please help me in my career
7th July 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

i have done my btech (ECE) and posses with 2 year of experience in tech support. Now i want to learn a software course which give me best and boom in current market.
2nd May 2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit. i want cse in b.tech
18th May 2014, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

sir please complete my b.tech in 2014 after i will study for m.tech it's bettur to going software jobs
11th September 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

iam ec fresher and i'm not interested in sofware field as i hate programming then wat should i do
11th October 2014, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,
I have completed b.tech information technology 2012,now i'm not intrested in programing,i would like to do higher study in some othere feild which gives important for creativety and new ideas.please suggest some related courses.im interested in teaching also.
9th November 2014, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

I completed B.Tech in ECE in 2005.I am a house wife now.
I want to do M.Tech in distance.plz suggest me the best course
Which will help me to get a job.I am interested in teaching as well.
3rd December 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my B.tech (ECE) twelve years ago and i am a house wife. recently my husband expired . could u suggest me what courses should i do or procedures should i follow. As i have no experience in job no company offers me a job.... pls suggest me
25th July 2015, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

which course is best to enter into it with good salary package and growth in company after completed b.tech in ece
15th September 2015, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.tech(ece)..nd iam intrasted to job in core side..can u plz guide me which course i want to take...give me complete information..at
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?