29th November 2018, 02:23 PM
Vigneshdeva.p

Criteria for IAS and other posts available in TNPSC?

Currently I am studying BE MECHANICAL and what should I study also what exam should I take to become district collector or deputy collector. Is there any higher postings in TNPSC that I can opt for?

30th November 2018, 09:15 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria for IAS and other posts available in TNPSC?

For selection as an I.A.S you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years. There is relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination during the final year of course or after the course.

The required eligibility is same for TNPSC examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th November 2018, 11:36 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruitment as I.A.S, I.P.S etc and TNPSC is conducted for recruitment in state service as an officer.

The required common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline. The age limit varies with examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for final recruitment. To get more information about UPSC visit at www.upsc.gov.in and for TNPSC visit at www.tnpsc.gov.in.
3rd December 2018, 08:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Engineering candidates can apply for Civil Services exam as well as State PCS exam called TNPSC.

Eligibility criteria:

*Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification for exam. You should go for Civil Services exam and clear all three stages to join IAS.

*Top rankers of exam join IAS.

*The age criteria for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?