25th February 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

CS after B.Com?

procedure for c.s. after b.com

25th February 2011, 06:29 PM
omprakash sharma

Default Re: CS after B.Com?

HI,
Yes its a great course. If you love reading,analysing phrasing your words in perfect ways then i guess you should join it

The course is mainly 2 to 3 years. I would advise you to look up for other courses like Mcom or MBA etc. They are better than company secretary course. But if you wish to join it then no issue go for it. The thing matters is that you must go for the course according to your liking.

To become a Company Secretary, one needs to be a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
To pursue the course of company secretary, one must have passed +2 from a recognised institute.
The CS course is divided into three stages
1.Foundation Programme
2.Executive Programme
3.Professional Programme
25th February 2011, 07:49 PM
mishra245

A company with a paid up share of Rs. 5 crore or seeking listing on stock exchange are required to appoint Company Secretary as per rules. A Company Secretary acts as an advisor and guides the company on its responsibilities and obligations towards law.

To become a Company Secretary, one needs to be a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
To pursue the course of company secretary, one must have passed +2 from a recognised institute.
The CS course is divided into three stages
1.Foundation Programme
2.Executive Programme
3.Professional Programme
A candidate with a bachelor's degree can enroll directly for the Executive programme.
After successful cpmpletion of the Professional programme and practical training prescribed by the institute, the candidate becomes the member of the ICSI.
There is no entrance test conducted for admission in CS programme.

The last date of registration for the Foundation Programme is 28th of February to appear in the examination conducted same year in the month of December and 31st of August for the examination conducted next year in the month of June whereas, the last date of registration for the Executive Programme is 28th February for December Exams in the same year and
31st August for June Exam next year.

For further information regarding subjects and their syllabus, please visit

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727
E-mail - Contact Us
Website - www.icsi.edu
25th February 2011, 08:03 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
After B.com, you may enroll directly for the Executive Program, which means you will not need to go through the Foundation Program. The Executive Program will be followed by Professional Program.
After qualifying the Professional Program, the candidate has to undergo Management training for a period of 15 months. Within this training program, the candidate has to undergo practical training in a CS firm.
Apart from this, the candidate has to go for another training of 15 days in registrar of company, Affiliated stock exchange, SEBI etc.
The one who completes all these training program, along with the the foundation, executive and professional program, are eligilbe to become an associate member of ICSI.

The last date of registration is 28th of February to appear in the examination conducted same year in the month of December and 31st of August for the examination conducted next year in the month of June.

For admission, please contact

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India,
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Phone-(011) 51504444, 24617321-24, 24644431-32
Fax-(011)24626727

Website - www.icsi.edu
25th February 2011, 08:29 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

CS will be a very good career choice for you.
Due to growth in Indian economy .. commerce and economics subjects specializations
have got a boost.you have done B.com and your course knowledge will be handy
in this course and you will find it easier compared to other people.
And it will give you just the right professional degree you need for a flying career.
Every company with 60 lakhs turnover needs to appoint a CS.
starting salaries can be in the range of 6-25 lakhs.you can register
for CS course @
http://www.icsi.edu/

please remember it is one of the toughest courses and you will have to work really
hard to get through in one shot.
2nd March 2011, 11:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

CS after B.Com?

CS is a Professional Course And After Completing Your B.com, You Are Eligible for Executive Programme, Because For Executive Programme You Must Be A Graduate of All Streams Except Fine Arts. So, Dont Worry After B.com You Can Do CS Course.

There Are Three Stages to Pursue the Company Secretaries Course -

Foundation Programme - If You Have Completing Your 12th From Arts, Science or Commerce Stream, Then You Are Eligible to Apply for This Programme.

Executive Programme - Graduation Is the Minimum Eligiblity.

Professional Programme - You Are Eligible Only After Clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.

So, Dont Worry You Are Eligible to Apply for CS Course.

So, If You Are Interested In CS Course Then You Can Obtained CS Prrospectus from any of the Offices of the Institute Across India.

Cost of Prospectus for the Executive Programme Is Rs. 300/- By Cash Payment.

And If You Are Interested to Get CS Prospectus By Post, Then You Have to Pay the rs 350/-

So, If You Are Interested To Purchase the CS Application Form Then You Have To Sent The Payment to The Headquarters by Demand Draft Drawn in Favour of "The Institute of Company Secretaries of India" Payable at New Delhi.

For More Details, Please Visit the Official Website -

http://www.icsi.edu
3rd March 2011, 12:02 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
procedure for c.s. after b.com
CS after B.Com?

yes,you can CS after B.Com and there is a great career too.The Role and Responsibility of Company secretaries are the primary source of advice on the conduct of business and everything from legal advice on conflicts of interest, through accounting advice on financial reports, to the development of strategy and corporate planning.

After Graduation you have to undergo two stages
of the Company Secretaryship i.e.

Executive Programme

Professional Programme

Besides, you also have to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months.

To know the two stages in detail and what are all fee applicable.please find the attachment.

Regards:-
khanddn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stages to Became CS.pdf(29.0 KB, 401 views)
File Type: pdf Fee Details for foundation course.pdf(71.5 KB, 373 views)
16th April 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

cs exicutive ragistration date
5th June 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

kya june me b.com pass krke jo december aayegi usme cs ke both group ke exam de skte h
27th June 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can a student who has passed the executive programme of CS undergo the 15 months training?
2nd July 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

what is the fees for to become CS?
4th October 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

hi

I am Bcom Graduate, I want to do CS now and I would like to know about exemption in CS Executive Programme. I did my Gradution from Andhra University and I Got totaly % is 70. and I have a subject called Company law in that i got 90% and coming to the accounting part i have three subjects ( Management Accounting, Cost accounting and Financial Accounting) in these subjects i got nearly 60% in each. So Please tell me can i get exemption in CS Executive programme, if yes in which subject i can get. For getting exemption what i have to do??

Please forward information to: [email protected]

Thanks,
Venu.
13th February 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

can i get direct addmission for executive programme without any examination..??
15th February 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

can i do cs aftr bcom.After giving the Exam of final year in june may i appear for cs inter in december????please send me the subjects for cs enter.
15th February 2012, 04:06 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

you are graduate you need not to clear the first stage of the company secretary course.
You can enroll for executive level.

THREE STAGE OF COMPANY SECRETARY

1,FOUNDATION
fee- 3600/-

2,EXECUTIVE
fee - 7000/-

3,PROFESSIONAL
fee - 7750

Admission is open though out the year.examination are held twice a year in june and december.

For Further information visit website - www.icsi.edu

Address of ICSI

THE INSTITUTE OF COMPANY SECRETARIES OF INDIA
ICSI HOUSE 22 INSTITUTION AERA LODI
NEW DELHI-110003
15th February 2012, 06:19 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CS - COMPANY SECRETARY course managed and conducted by ICSI(Institute of Company Secretary of India) is a correspondence course and can be taken any time of a year.

The course comprises of three programs:-

FOUNDATION PROGRAM - The candidate having 10+2 from any discipline can be admitted to this program. Course Fee-3,600.00 and Exam Fee-875.00.

EXECUTIVE PROGRAM - The candidate having completed Foundation Program or graduation degree from any discipline can be admitted directly to this program. Course Fee-6,500.00 for Foundation program passed, 7,000.00 for Commerce Graduate and 7,500.00 for other graduates with exam fee-900.00.

PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM - This program can be taken after completion of Executive Program. Course Fee-7,500.00 with exam fee-750.00.

The duration depends upon a candidate to complete these Programs followed by a 15 months practical training program.
As you are a Commerce graduate , you are directly admitted to Executive Course of CS.

For more information you may log on to www.icsi.edu
15th February 2012, 07:12 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Now also You have to judge in which way you will go, I will just provide the option you after commerce and you have to choose.

After commerce you can go for any of the following :

1. M.Com (Master of Commerce)
2. MBA (Master of Business Administrator)
3. CA (Chartered account)

Every eight month before you have to fill the application form of C.S. examination foundation program.

There are two session generally in a year for C.S.

So for June,2012 session you have to fill up the form on 30th September,2011.

And the December,2012 session you have to fill up the form on 31th March,2012.

For more information please visit the portal :

http://www.icsi.in

all the best.
15th February 2012, 07:24 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Now also You have to judge in which way you will go, I will just provide the option you after commerce and you have to choose.

After commerce you can go for any of the following :

1. M.Com (Master of Commerce)
2. MBA (Master of Business Administrator)
3. CA (Chartered account)

Every eight month before you have to fill the application form of C.S. examination foundation program.

There are two session generally in a year for C.S.

So for June,2012 session you have to fill up the form on 30th September,2011.

And the December,2012 session you have to fill up the form on 31th March,2012.

For more information please visit the portal :

http://www.icsi.in

all the best.
31st May 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

hey which cource is best after b.com?
15th June 2012, 06:42 PM
surekh01

hi i am a commerce graduate scored 51 % in b.com. can i go for cs??
please reply
5th July 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi...
I want to know the basic salary that a student get in the training period of 15 months? also is it suitable to start training after executive or after professional>
Thanxx
27th August 2012, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

after completing my Graduation under B.com (H), now i working a Ltd.company as an accountant.
So simultaneously can i do this cs course?
pls reply.

email id. [email protected]
19th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

hi,,
i am going to complete my graduation in June 2014. so can i appear for executive in December 2014????? can i register my name in february 2014 for executive in December 2014????? please rply soon
19th July 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

hi,,
i am going to complete my graduation in June 2014.. so, can i appear for executive in December 2014??? can i register my name in February 2014 for executive 2014???? please reply soon...
20th July 2013, 10:22 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,,
i am going to complete my graduation in June 2014.. so, can i appear for executive in December 2014??? can i register my name in February 2014 for executive 2014???? please reply soon...
Yes, you can take provisional admission

The Company Secretary course is conducted in three stages:
Foundation
Executive
Professional

Eligibilty to give the Executive level Exams of ICSI is
Graduation Pass or Foundation course pass of the ICSI

There are 7 papers that you have to give in the ICSI Executive level

Module 1
>> Economic and Commercial Laws
>> Cost and Management accounting
>> Tax Laws and Practice
>> Company Laws

Module 2
>> Company Accounts and Auditing Practices
>> Industrial, General and Labour Laws
>> Capital Markets and Securities Law

Cut Off Dates for Admission to Executive Course
28th February for December Exams in the same year
31st August for June Exam next year
7th August 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

duration of cs course
24th August 2014, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I want details about m.com(distance)
After b.com
Sent to [email protected]
24th June 2023, 08:46 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, it is possible to pursue CS (Company Secretary) after completing B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce). In fact, many students opt for CS after B.Com as it provides a strong foundation in commerce and business-related subjects. The CS course covers topics such as company law, corporate governance, accounting, taxation, and financial management, which align well with the knowledge and skills acquired during a B.Com degree.

To pursue CS after B.Com, you can follow these steps:

Check Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for CS. The basic eligibility is a pass in the 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination. Since you have already completed B.Com, you meet the educational eligibility requirement.

Register with ICSI: Register with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), the professional body that conducts the CS course. You can visit the ICSI website and follow the registration process, which usually involves filling an online registration form and paying the registration fee.

Enroll for CS Course: Once you are registered with ICSI, you can enroll for the CS course. The course consists of three stages: Foundation, Executive, and Professional. As a B.Com graduate, you may be eligible for direct admission to the Executive Programme of CS, skipping the Foundation stage. However, it is recommended to check the specific eligibility criteria and exemptions with ICSI.

Clear Examinations: Prepare for and clear the examinations of the CS course. Each stage of the course has specific subjects and modules that need to be studied and passed.

Practical Training: Complete the practical training requirements of the CS course, which includes undergoing a specified period of training with a company or a practicing company secretary. This practical training helps you gain practical exposure and develop the necessary skills for a career as a company secretary.

Obtain Membership: After successfully completing the CS course and fulfilling all the requirements, you become eligible for Associate Membership of ICSI. You can then use the designation of "Company Secretary" and become a qualified professional in the field.
29th June 2023, 07:38 AM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

After completing a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), you may consider pursuing a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Computer Science (CS). This combination of business and technical skills can open up various job opportunities in management, IT consulting, data analysis, and technology leadership roles. Additionally, you can explore options such as postgraduate diplomas or certifications in computer science or related fields to enhance your expertise in specific areas of interest within the tech industry. It's important to research and consider your career goals and interests when deciding on the next steps after completing a B.Com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?