5th May 2018, 12:13 AM
yomari

Is degree gained from Deemed Universities are not considered for application to any State level Civil Services exams?

I have graduated from SHIATS Sam Higgon Bottom in the year 2013 and would like to know If I would be able to apply for a Government Job especially WBCS West Bengal Civil Services? I have spent a little time in the UGC site and have come to know that the deemed University is not authorised to conduct exams and award degrees outside its territorial jurisdiction, Can someone out there confirm If I would be able to get the Job that I am seeking for?

15th July 2018, 09:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is degree gained from Deemed Universities are not considered for application to any State level Civil Services exams?

It is true that when University Grants Commission has clearly mentioned that it is not authorized to award degree outside its territorial jurisdiction then your degree is invalid for any government job exam.

However if a university has got deemed status from UGC then its degree is applicable for state PCS and other exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?