30th June 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Difference between Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics?

hi,
This is ravi mishra, i want to know what is difference between bioinformatics and meical informatics and want to know what is better between them
i m doing graduation(IT) final semester

Related Questions:
  1. Should I opt for msc bio informatics after ty biotechnology?
  2. Is this possible to do Biotechnology after the completion of BCA? Difference between Biotechnology and Bio-Informatics?
  3. Best colleges in MSc genetics in Missisipi USA? -- [New]
  4. Which course is better between MBA and M.Sc. in Bio-Informatics after completion of B.Sc. Bioinformatics?
  5. Scope of B.Sc Bio-Informatics and M.Sc in Bio-Informatics?
  6. Eligibility criteria for BSc Bioinformatics? Fee structure and placement details for BSc Bioinformatics?
  7. What should I do to make a career in Bioinformatics after 12th? Which field in Bioinformatics should I prefer?
  8. Is this a good decision of shifting to Masters in Bio-Informatics after the completion of B.Tech in EEE?
  9. Difference between MSc Botany and MSc Bio Informatics? What are the jobs that I can get in abroad after MSc in Bioinformatics?
  10. Job Opportunities for the candidates of M.Sc in Bio-Informatics? What kind of Pharmaceutical Jobs are offered for these candidates?
  11. Difference between Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
  12. Universities in Boston with 95+ score in TOEFL Exam?
  13. Am I eligible for Informatics if I dont pass the entrance exam? Colleges offering MSc Bioinformatics course without entrance exam?
  14. How can I join Bioinformatics course after 12th? What are the job opportunities in it? Best colleges in Kerala to study Bioinformatics?
  15. Clinical courses offered by Hospitals in Hyderabad? Details about the course, fee, duration and placement?
  16. Bio-process engineering or Bioinformatics? which field has better scope, career and jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Available training programmes for second year Biotechnology students
  18. Which is the best institute in Kerala offer Bio-Informatics course? Job opportunities in this course?
27th October 2011, 08:42 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Default Re: Difference between Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
This is ravi mishra, i want to know what is difference between bioinformatics and meical informatics and want to know what is better between them
i m doing graduation(IT) final semester
hii friend..here is the difference between bio informatics and medical informatics.....

Medical Informatics is an applied discipline which lies in the intersection of computer science and medicine. It also draws from areas of library and information science, statistics, health policy making, and others. It is the science of how to collect and manage medical and health information using computers.

Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary subject which integrates fields like biology, chemistry, biophysics, biostatistics and computer science to solve biological problems. The ultimate goal of Bioinformatics is to enable the discovery of new biological insights as well as to create global perspective from which unifying principles in biology can be discerned.

The mian difference between these both are Medical Informatics is more concerned with structures and algorithms for the manipulation of medical data, rather than with the data itself and bioinformatics is concerned with information about cellular and biomolecular structures and systems..
15th January 2013, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Which sub-speciality in biomedical engineering has the most high paid jobs?
15th August 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

which is better in between bioinformatics and biomedical sciences for jobs
29th August 2013, 01:08 AM
maruthidevi

hii friend..here is the difference between bio informatics and medical informatics.....

Medical Informatics is an applied discipline which lies in the intersection of computer science and medicine. It also draws from areas of library and information science, statistics, health policy making, and others. It is the science of how to collect and manage medical and health information using computers.

Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary subject which integrates fields like biology, chemistry, biophysics, biostatistics and computer science to solve biological problems. The ultimate goal of Bioinformatics is to enable the discovery of new biological insights as well as to create global perspective from which unifying principles in biology can be discerned.

The mian difference between these both are Medical Informatics is more concerned with structures and algorithms for the manipulation of medical data, rather than with the data itself and bioinformatics is concerned with information about cellular and biomolecular structures and systems..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?