19th June 2012, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Difference between diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc degree and BSc Nautical Science degree?

What is the difference between Diploma In Nautical science leading to Bsc Degree and the Bsc Nautical Science Degree,both seems to be same.Appreciate the information if any

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science is eligible for giving IAS exam? -- [New]
  2. B.Sc Nautical Science is considered as graduation or not? Status of B.Sc Nautical science degree from IGNOU?
  3. Difference between BSc Nautical Science and BSc Maritime Science?
  4. After doing BSc Physics an with 52% in 12th science and 74% in CET can I appear for Nautical Science? Procedure to apply for it?
  5. Last five years question papers for B.Sc Nautical Science entrance exam of leading universities?
  6. Diploma holder can do B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  7. Interview questions and answers for a job in shipping company after doing Bsc Nautical science degree?
  8. Information about the BSc Nautical Science or diploma Nautical Science course
  9. Names of some government Navy college where I can study Diploma in Nautical Science and BSc Nautical Science?
  10. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - Mathematics (Test III) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to join BSc Nautical Science and Diploma in Nautical Science with sponsorship?
  12. What is the salary structure of Merchant Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - General Knowledge (Test II) Exam- Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Will there be any opportunity for me in Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  15. Which is the best course that I can join after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  16. How to join BSc Nautical Science after completing B.E Mechanical
  17. How to get sponsorship for BSc(Nautical Science) or DNS(Diploma in Nautical Science) for studying abroad?
  18. After BSc IT is diploma in Nautical Science available?
19th June 2012, 07:40 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc degree and BSc Nautical Science degree?

The diploma course will cover only the basic of this stream. It will be treated equivalent to the 12th standard. B.Sc degree covers the topic more in depth. So after completing Diploma in Nautical Science you can expect jobs at a trainee level. B.Sc qualified candidates can expect jobs at the executive level.
19th June 2012, 11:22 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc degree and BSc Nautical Science degree?

A diploma is a certificate course that you do from some institution.

A degree means you have passed out from a recognized university and now you are well educated in the particular field chosen ( for eg B.Sc in physics)

A degree is better and is given most importance by the educational institutions and top companies as the syllabus it covers is more than what a diploma degree covers. It allows you to study the subject in depth.
23rd July 2012, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

i got 55 % in 12th and pcm 47 % , nw i am in first year b.sc i.t. can i join as a deck cadet with my b.sc i.t degree certificate ???
will i get training for radio officer or as a deck cadet........ ??? i want to be deck cadet and not radio officer !!!! can you tell me what should i do ??
4th September 2012, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
The diploma course will cover only the basic of this stream. It will be treated equivalent to the 12th standard. B.Sc degree covers the topic more in depth. So after completing Diploma in Nautical Science you can expect jobs at a trainee level. B.Sc qualified candidates can expect jobs at the executive level.
Both the Diploma in Nautical Science Cadets and B.Sc Cadets have to undergo training ie. at the trainee level.
The DNS cadets complete 1 year pre-sea training to be awarded the Diploma in Nautical Science Certificate. Then the cadets are required to do the on board training as a deck cadet for a minimum of 18 months prior to the B.Sc (Nautical Science) and the 2nd mates written and oral exams. Then they , as per the company requirements are posted as 3rd Officer in the respective ships.

While the B.Sc (N S) cadets are granted B.Sc Nautical Science degree from the college after the completion of 3 year pre-sea training in the college.
Then the B.Sc. Nautical Science cadets have to complete only minimum of 12 months of on board training as a deck cadet prior to under go the 2nd mates oral exams only , after which they are posted as 3rd officer in some ship.

So the difference is

DNS leading to B.Sc (N S) **
* 1 year Pre-sea Training
* 18 months Cadet ship(minimum) and a 4 months course ashore
* B.Sc. Nautical Science Exam ( Degree awarded by IMU)
* 2nd Mates Written and Oral exams
++ then the 3rd Officer

BSc Nautical Science **
* 3 year Pre- Sea training ( B.Sc Degree awarded by the Affiliated university)
* 12 months Cadet ship(minimum)
* 2nd mates Oral exam
++ then the 3rd Officer

So within a same period around , the both get even.So it's not correct you mentioned that DNS leading to BSc cadets are only in the trainee level , while the BSc N S cadets gets directly into the executive level.
If everything goes fine DNS leading to BSc NS is much better, since a cadet is required to pay the fee only for a year then he is getting paid for the training period , and achieve a B.Sc N S finally.
12th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the exam format for 2nd mate for dns cadet
2nd November 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir / madam plz tell me the processor to join merchant navy and also the syllabus imu ttest
5th March 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

after completind dns and second mate how I will get bsc certificate from imu what are the procedures please explain???
[email protected]
5th March 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

after completind dns and second mate how I will get bsc certificate from imu what are the procedures please explain???
[email protected]
27th March 2013, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I have scored above 60% marks for PCM
should I have to join DNS or BSc NS??
IF I join DNS wil I be able to be a captain post after 8/10 years
4th May 2013, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

sir thanks a lot information...

but pl can you tell , after doing Bsc DNS can i go for higher studies like post gradutaion or MBA?
will it be equivalent to graduation.?
3rd September 2013, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

SIR, HOW WILL GET IMU BSC NAUTICAL SCIENCE CERTIFICATE ?
12th October 2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

So your saving one year if you go for the DNS degree awarded by IMU
8th November 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Can we complete bsc nautical science after DNS without doing the 18 months onboard.training
2nd April 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

sir , what are the procedures to get imu bsc nautical science degree and dns award certificate
7th May 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

which course has better chances of placement DNS leading to NAUTICAL SCIENCE or Bsc NAUTCAL SCIENCE...kindly mail at [email protected]
4th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE BSC IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE AFTER PASSING MY 2ND MATE WRITTEN ND ORALS. KINDLY MAIL AT [email protected]
4th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE BSC IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE AFTER PASSING MY 2ND MATE WRITTEN ND ORALS. KINDLY MAIL AT [email protected]
4th January 2015, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE BSC IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE AFTER PASSING MY 2ND MATE WRITTEN ND ORALS. . I have passed all 5 semesters of IMU and cleared my 2nd mate fg written and orals....KINDLY MAIL AT [email protected] please tell the detailed procedure.
4th January 2015, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY DEGREE CERTIFICATE BSC IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE AFTER PASSING MY 2ND MATE WRITTEN ND ORALS. KINDLY MAIL AT [email protected]. I Have cleared my all 5 semesters of IMU.
17th March 2015, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between nautical science degree and nautical science diploma .which post one get after doing it
24th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

I have complete DNS through Ignou now i cleared my 2nd mate exams. I need to get my degree certificate pls guide me. My mail id [email protected]
8th April 2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have Diploma In Nautical Science. But I was not able to go on Ship. Yet I want to Complete my Graduation as soon as possible. Can I give Direct Exams of rest Semesters to have a Bsc. I.M.U. Degree ?
21st January 2018, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better, diploma in nautical science or B. Sc in nautical science????
15th May 2018, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Completed dns and second mates exams.what is the procedure for getting b.sc Nautical science degree from imu.
Kindly mail at [email protected]
24th April 2022, 04:31 AM
Unregistered

After doing Diploma in Nautical Science from UK and clearing orals and written exam for the 2nd mate license , is the 2nd mate COC equivalent to a degree ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?