14th August 2013, 08:13 AM
chandrappa s ballary

Is diploma considered as bachelor degree?

Is it diploma is considered as bachelor degree?...coul d please give me the details

23rd June 2015, 08:52 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma considered as bachelor degree?

No diploma is not considered equivalent to the bachelor degree as it is equivalent to the senior secondary degree.

But being diploma degree holder one is eligible for bachelor degree course.

Diploma degree is different with the regular senior secondary degree course in the aspect that diploma course is more based on the experimental and practical skills where as a senior secondary degree is more based on the theoritical skills.

Also diploma degree is a three year course and for admission in the same from top colleges you will have to clear their respective entrance examination. Also one thing about the diploma course is that at the senior secondary level it has more job options than regular senior secondary course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?