12th July 2021, 03:15 PM
Dheeraj suvarna

Do I have a chance to do NDA after 10th?

I am studying iti course and i have only completed 10th std and i want to join nda!! Do i have any chance to join nda!??

13th July 2021, 06:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have a chance to do NDA after 10th?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA, it is mandatory to have completed regular higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education.

So, having gone for ITI course instead of regular higher secondary school degree (i.e; Class 11th and Class 12th) after your Class 10th, you are not eligible for joining NDA unless you quit your ITI course and go for regular higher secondary school degree course.

For complete details regarding NDA examination and its eligibility, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th July 2021, 11:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted twice in a year for selection in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed std 12th or pursuing in it. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination.
14th July 2021, 01:16 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having opted for ITI course after Class 10th, you are not eligible for joining NDA (National Defense Academy) as to join the same it is mandatory to have completed regular Class 12th academics from a recognized board of education.

So, join NDA, you are first required to go for regular Class 11th and Class 12th academic courses and then you are required to qualify the NDA examination held by UPSC once every year.

For more details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2021, 06:57 PM
Pikachuuuu

No, You don't have chance to go for NDA examination after 10th.

You must be appearing in 12th class or completed 12th class from recognized board.

Your age should be in between 16.5 - 19.5 years.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in year.
14th July 2021, 11:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and for joining the same the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any stream from a recognised board and therefore it is not possible to join the same on the basis of Class 10th.

Also, I would like to let you know is that ITI course is not considered equivalent to a regular Class 12th academic course for appearing in the NDA examination to join NDA.

For more information regarding the NDA examination, you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2021, 06:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Sorry that you are not eligible for NDA after completing 10th standard. You need to complete 12th standard to be eligible for NDA entrance exam .
Only science stream candidates are eligible to apply for Air force and Navy wing.

Age limit for this exam is 16.5 years to 19.5 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to give this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?