3rd April 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to pass 12th to appear for IAS exam?

do i need to pass plustwo to appear for IAS exam?...please tell me if its needed

4th April 2012, 04:38 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Do I need to pass in 10+2 to appear for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
do i need to pass plustwo to appear for IAS exam?

Dear Aspirant

You can not appear in IAS Exam even after passing 12th standard as minimum requirement for IAS is Graduation degree holder.

IAS is known as Indian Administrative Service & to become an IAS officer you have to appear Indian Civil Service Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) once in a year.

Basic Eligibility Criteria for IAS Civil Service Examination:
  • You must hold Graduation Degree in any stream from recognized university.
  • You can also apply for this exam while in final year of graduation course.
  • Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category, 21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
  • Both Male & Female candidate are eligible for IAS & must be an Indian citizen.

UPSC IAS Civil Service Exam is conducted in Two stages...

>Preliminary Exam
>Mains Exam(Written Test)

For any other detail regarding UPSC IAS Civil Service Examination Click Here
4th April 2012, 10:18 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to pass 12th to appear for IAS exam?

You need to pass Graduation Degree in any stream to appear for IAS exam.

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from arecognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

So as you are interested for IAS you may start preparation accordingly after passing 12th and after completion or in the year of final Graduation Degree exam you can appear for the Civl Service exam.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2012, 10:39 AM
vikassaini1993

hi
dear u can't give the IAS exam bcz u have no eligiblity for this test
for the candidate appering in IAS should be graduate then he can give the test on the basis of qualification and percentage
if u want to become a IAS then you shoud do graduation with hard working and percentage
u shoulld be knowledge about the all around the world
thank u
and all the best for future
17th November 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

G.karthick rajan
Sir i have finished my 10th and diploma in EEE and i doing my degree in correspondence.may i qualified for IAS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?