6th December 2010, 08:45 PM
G.Pandipriya

Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam?

Now i am doing CSE(B.E) Final year.I want to prepare IAS exams.please send me the patterns,procedure to get forms,details about eligibilty for IAS.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the IAS exam pattern and how many stages I need to clear? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam? From where to buy the IAS form?
  3. How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam?
  4. Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?
  5. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  6. What is the Eligibility Criteria for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. When will be the IAS exam held? Procedure to appear for IAS exam? I have completed CA
  8. When to get application forms for IAS Exam?
  9. Criteria, application procedure and syllabus of IAS and ISS exam?
  10. Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after completing MBA in finance and marketing? When are the application forms available for IAS exam?
  11. Eligibility criteria of IAS exam 2016? A 20 years old candidate is eligible for IAS 2016?
  12. What should I do to clear IAS Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? Exam pattern for this Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam?
  13. Eligibility Criteria of IAS Exam and Procedure to Join FICCI and IFCI?
  14. Procedure and eligibility to attend IAS exam?
  15. What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the procedure?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam while am 32 years old and belong to ST caste?
  17. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  18. Eligibility to appear in IAS competitive exam for Physics postgraduate? When the application form will be published?
7th December 2010, 11:17 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam?

Hi,

For IAS you need to apply for the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC each year. The notification will be published in the Employment Newspaper in February.
you have to clear 2 written and then interview. Written consist of Prelims and Mains.

Prelims(CSAT): It will comprise of GK and Aptitude as per the new format.

Mains:
Paper-I:One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-II:English (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-III:Essay [in the medium you choose]

Papers IV & V:General Studies

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX:Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects.
31st December 2010, 11:31 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Pandipriya View Post
Now i am doing CSE(B.E) Final year.I want to prepare IAS exams.please send me the patterns,procedure to get forms,details about eligibilty for IAS.
As to appear in the IAS exam you need to apply in the Civil Service exam. This is carried out by the UPSC every year. As and whent the notification comes out candidates can apply for the exam. The basic eligibility requirement is to have a graduate degree and must not be above 30 years of age. An applicant must qualify in 2 written exam and also the personnel interview.
20th January 2011, 07:16 PM
abhimanyu2688

The UPSC CSE consist of three parts
1st part is the prelims exam in which multiple choice questions will be asked
2nd part is the mains exam which you can write after clearing 1st part and which is a subjective type and you will have to choose two optional subject in the mains exam and there is three compulsory papers alongwith optional subjects. After clearing part 1st and 2nd you will have to go through interview round which is the part 3.
A graduate between the age 21 to 30 years are eligible to write the UPSC CSE.
Application form can be obtained from gpo's by payment of Rs 20 only.
good luck...............
20th January 2011, 07:38 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria for CSAT is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Age relaxation up to 3 to 5 years are provided for the reserved category candidates.Candidates pursuing the under graduation course who are in their last semester can even apply for the CSAT examination.

The application forms will be available at the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

If you get selected in the prelims then you need to go through the mains where you have to choose the field of your interest like IAS,IPS,IFS..etc

You can get the notification and other such details in the following website of the UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

please tell m ias issue date and last date of the form
pls reply on [email protected]
24th January 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

plz mail me the in which month the forms are going to be out and even the last date of form subbission plz thank you E-mail ID [email protected]
29th January 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

pls give me fid back how to pass ias exam.
29th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm deepak now i'm in last semester (8th sem) BE i'll get my degree in june 2011.. can i apply for UPSE n CSE exams now.. plz reply me "[email protected]"
6th February 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing (B.E)
i am very confuse which subject choose 2 option subject....piz reply me
[email protected]
8th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

how many times a student can appear u.p.s.c examination
10th February 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I am studying MBA 4th sem i want do IAS exam
please tell m ias issue date and last date of the form
[email protected]
20th February 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

I am studying MBA 4th sem i want to do IAS exam plz tell me IAS form date issue and submit last date [email protected]
27th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Hight is matter or not
28th February 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

plz give me the swllebus of the ias exam.
5th March 2011, 03:30 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

***IAS (Indian Administrative Service) ***

For IAS you have to clear UPSC civil services exam conducted every year.

Civil Services (Prel) Exam, 2011
Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

Exam Pattern:

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
  • Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
  • Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview
  • Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
  • Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For complete details : http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th March 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

i want to see fill up (demo)
IAS exam form
16th April 2011, 12:57 AM
chiranjeev90

Hi,

For IAS you need to apply for the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC each year. The notification will be published in the Employment Newspaper in February.
you have to clear 2 written and then interview. Written consist of Prelims and Mains.

Prelims(CSAT): It will comprise of GK and Aptitude as per the new format.

Mains:
Paper-I:One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-II:English (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-III:Essay [in the medium you choose]

Papers IV & V:General Studies

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX:Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects
21st April 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the exam?
4th May 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

i am just a graduate in B.A.with education honours.

How to prepare for OAS(Orissa Administrative Service) ? which books i have to follow ?
14th May 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

hello...
i want to appear for an IAS exam ....so want to know the following
1) what all exams do i hve to give before sitting for main exam for IAS
2)what are syllabus 's for the exms to be given before IAS nd from where will i get their forms
nd i m in class 12 now with subjects PCMB.. ,so when will i be eligile to give the IAS exam....
AND what the optionals subjects should i chose if i am not gud at physics...

please reply me fast..........

thankyou
17th May 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the exam?
give me the swllebus of the ias exam. i have completed my mba and doing now good job . I am very confuse which subject choose 2 option subject....piz reply me
at my mail id [email protected]

thank u
22nd May 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare foe the ias exam?
pls give me all the information regarding this . now i am completed bba(computer application)in 2010..pls also suggest me the optional subject which i should choose which makes me easy to clear the exam and how do i prepare for that........plz reply me on my id:[email protected]
thank u
1st June 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I am passed of class B.A. with 88%........can i apply for I.A.S. exjam and...... how? please tell me fast & arjently...
my e-mail id [email protected]

thank you
8th June 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I am studying B.A.L.L.B 4th sem i want to do IAS can i apply for I.A.S. exjam and...... how? please tell me fast & arjently...

[email protected]
19th June 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

I am passed bcom 48% can I applie the ias exam I need the answer
22nd June 2011, 01:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

all the best.
25th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR.....
i m ankur dixit pursuing b.tech 7th sem ...... i m very interested in civil services but i have no information about these .can u tell me how to prepare 4 IAS or other exam???????????
email id [email protected]
26th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Hello myself Aditya....i have done M.B.A an i wants to prepare for IAS Exam.....i wants to choose History subject ...could someone tell me how to prepare for IAS exam by choosing History as Subject ........please also tell me regarding the BOOKS to help me out for examsss.......

my email id is [email protected]

Thanku....
4th July 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

hello sir..myself waseem .i am persuing bba , i want to go for IAS .sir i just want to know that iz their combination for management and public administration....
[email protected]...
4th July 2011, 10:28 PM
digvijaygarg

Dear Aspirant
Exam pattern include
Preliminary test which include mental ability and general studies
Mains exam which includes subjective exam n general studies and subjects of your choice
Interview in front of a panel
Good Luck
5th July 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

hii,
My name is Bulbul, n i m Chartered accountant and currently working, i wish to appear for IAS, can i get information as to how to prepare for UPSC exam without coaching. Thank you very much.
Please revert back to [email protected]
20th July 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I m doing electronics engineering.which two subject i choose for ias mains exam and i m very good in chemistry also.so please suggest me.please reply on [email protected]
31st July 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir could we write ias exam in tamil language for prelims & main exam?
pls mail me .... [email protected]
10th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studied bca in tamil medium i have writte the ias exam in tamil
11th August 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

is there diploma student can give ias exam
11th August 2011, 04:58 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

The eligibility criteria for CSAT is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Age relaxation up to 3 to 5 years are provided for the reserved category candidates.Candidates pursuing the under graduation course who are in their last semester can even apply for the CSAT examination.

The application forms will be available at the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

If you get selected in the prelims then you need to go through the mains where you have to choose the field of your interest like IAS,IPS,IFS..etc

You can get the notification and other such details in the following website of the UPSC

20th September 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Is their any option subjects for prilims...

actually i purchased few books of upsc.. and der is few sub like zology.. physics.. chemistry.. and some more related to science
do i need to study all that.. bcz i'm basicly fron comerce background.... [email protected]
6th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

myself punnet final year B.E ,i want to do IAS ,so can know which coaching classes are good?????????????pl z info me..or send mail to [email protected]
15th October 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

SIR PLEASE SEND ME THOSE COACHINGS NAME WHICH IS HELD THE IAS PREPRATIONS
.......................................THANKS
16th October 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE DONE MBA IN FINANCE CAN I AAPLY FOR IAS EXAN CAN U SEND ALL IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IAS EXAM?
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR IAS EXAM NOW
MY E-MAIL ID IS [email protected]
pls send me all important information
16th October 2011, 11:02 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year,this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
Unlimited attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

Important dates for IAS-2012 exam:

Indian Administration Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Indian Administration Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams.

Procedure to apply the application:

Click here to apply the application form online between the dates as mentioned above.

Exam pattern of IAS exam:

IAS exam contains two exam i.e Preliminary exam and Main exam.If you qualify preliminary exam,then only you will eligible for main exam.
Preliminary exam Pattern:
Paper-I
Duration:2 hours
Marks: 200
Syllabus:
>>Current events of national and international importance
>>History of India and Indian national movement
>>Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
>>Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
>>Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
>>General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
>>General science
Paper-II
Duration: 2 hours
Marks: 2oo
Syllabus:
>>Comprehension
>>Interpersonal skills including communication skills
>>Logical reasoning and analytical ability
>>Decision making and problem solving
>>General mental ability
>>Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
>>English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Main Exam Pattern:
Optional Paper-I(Part-A)
Marks: 300
Optional Paper-I(Part-B)
Marks:300
Optional Paper-II(Part-A)
Optional Paper-II(Part-B)
General studies Paper-I
General Studies Paper-II
Essay Paper:
Marks:200
Total Marks: 2000

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 191 views)
17th October 2011, 12:19 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

thank you
20th November 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnds,
I am sarath.. Completed my B.C.A. This year Passed out.... can i apply for UPSE n CSE exams now...
[email protected]....... Mail me if anyone knows the answer...
All the Best for u guys........
3rd December 2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
..hai..i am dng final year in engg ...my aim to become ips send me detail to preparation for examination.....
9th December 2011, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam?

Now i am doing MCA Final year.I want to prepare IAS exams.please send me the patterns,procedure to get forms,details about eligibilty for IAS.[/QUOTE]
15th December 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon Concern,
i Am Manoj jain From patiala.i have done MBA..Now i want to give Test Of IAS..CAN YOU Please tell me the Date of examination ? and which type of books can help me to crack .

Thankuu
19th December 2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I'm studying MCA 1st year,i want question pattern for IAS examination,which subject i choose,so confuse,so plz send rply me

Email:[email protected]
18th January 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

hi concern,
I am Commerce Graduate, doing a job in pvt ltd company, wants to prepare IAS exams.please send me the patterns,procedure to get forms,details about eligibilty for IAS.And when it is next held, so plz reply me...........
Email: [email protected]
18th January 2012, 08:55 PM
jspb

I am a graduated in open university i.e.,karnataka state open university mysore(www.ksoumysore.com). i have secured 40% of average. Am i eligible for IAS exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?