10th December 2018, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to take into account all semesters percentage to check eligibility for AFCAT?

My overall aggregate (all 8 semester) is 58%. But, my last 4 semester's aggregate will be 60%. Am I eligible for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)?

15th December 2018, 12:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to take into account all semesters percentage to check eligibility for AFCAT?

AFCAT refers to Air Force Common Admission Test and to be eligible for the same examination one is required to have completed his graduation degree with at least 60% marks overall (i.e; considering the marks secured in all semester examinations).

So, having managed only 58% marks overall across all 8 semester examinations of your degree course, you are not eligible to apply for AFCAT.

For more details regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th December 2018, 02:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to take into account all semesters percentage to check eligibility for AFCAT?

Yes, you need to give the aggregate of all the semester ( 6 semester for three year course and 8 semester for four year course ).

So, if your aggregate is less than 60% then you are not eligible to appear for AFCAT examination. It is conducted twice in a year in two stages.

To get more details visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
15th December 2018, 05:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. It is conducted for recruitment in Indian Air Force as an officer.

The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 60% aggregate. So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at carrerairforce.nic.in.
15th December 2018, 06:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to take in aggregate of all semester to appear for AFCAT. So, if you have scored less than 60% aggregate in 12th then you are not eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

Candidates with bachelor degree are eligible to appear for CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC for selection in defence services.
15th December 2018, 06:31 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. It is conducted by Indian Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages. The minimum eligibility is bachelor degree but minimum required aggregate is 60% in all over course.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination with 58% in all the 8 semester of course.
15th December 2018, 11:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for AirForce Common Admission Test. The aggregate percentage of marks is taken into account for determining eligibility for exam.

The age limit is 20-26 years for Ground Duty Branch. There is written test followed by Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?