22nd July 2015, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Do we get good universities in India if we have studied from ICSE?

I completed my 10th in cbse with 96%.
Should i go to isc board as the school is very good.
I want to crack jee.I was in icse till 8th std.Do we get good universities in India if we have studied from icse?

24th July 2015, 12:45 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do we get good universities in India if we have studied from ICSE?

Yes definitely you can give the JEE exam.
There is no restriction that you won't be getting good college based on your board of education.
And ICS board is not that bad.
Though most schools tend to prefer CBSE board but ICS board has also set standards through its excellent students. So, you need to get rid of this doubt from your mind.

Since you have a good percentage and if you kept the same performance till your intermediate, there will be many good universities in which you will be able to get admission.
Above 95%, you may easily get admission in the Delhi university in some reputed college with a good subject.

Since you have an aim of cracking JEE, so it also doesn't have to do anything with the board. Any student from a recognized board in India can apply for any engineering entrance exam, be it
- JEE
- AIEEE
- IPUEE
- UPSEE
- VITEE

etc.
25th July 2015, 06:54 PM
channu tiwari

Default Re: Do we get good universities in India if we have studied from ICSE?

yes definitely. You just do make 1 thing clear that board of education is nothing to do with getting college. For getting good college it is quite mandatory to crack jee mains and afterwards jee advanced. Yes do note 1 thing that your 12 percentage will also affect the aggregate through will you will get any college. So study hard for 12th.do the best.
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?