1st March 2010, 02:01 PM
naresh865

Do we have to do M.Tech and then get Ph.D from any IIT to get a job in IIT's?

hai,
my name is naresh. I am doing MCA. My aim is to become a professor in IIT's/Universities. Someone suggested me that to get a job in IITs you have to do M.Tech and the get Ph.D from any IITs. Is this true?
If yes then can anybody give me a suggestion on which specilization to take in M.Tech other than CSE.

Thank you

20th August 2011, 02:26 AM
keertipurwar
Junior Member+

Default Re: Do we have to do M.Tech and then get Ph.D from any IIT to get a job in IIT's?

i think u r not believed in urself. u r persuing mca. after mca u also do phd and make a professor. then why u want to do m.tech. dont waste ur time. u do that thing u exactially want to do.
20th August 2011, 04:07 AM
Non70

Default Re: Do we have to do M.Tech and then get Ph.D from any IIT to get a job in IIT's?

No, one has to finished degree then master and then write a profesional exam in what u read in your university.but if anybody try to confuse then he or she is lying ok
20th August 2011, 12:39 PM
sunilpheno

Smile Re: Do we have to do M.Tech and then get Ph.D from any IIT to get a job in IIT's?

dear naresh,
this is true and u ask for which specialization required other than CSE in my openion You have to choose IME (Industrial & Management Engineering ) because there is high demand

thank you,

with best regards

Sunil Mishra
21st August 2011, 09:35 AM
Indrajit1978

I think after doing your MCA, sit minimum for one day and ask which line in computer are you more interested. What is in demand is not so important as what is your aptitude. Because what I have seen is the person at last progress in such a fuield which is of his interest. So you can choose from many of the branches that are being studied in MCA.
1. Networking.- Bluetooth Technology, 2G, 3G , also heard of 4G which will be in demand.
2. OS - always a field of research.
3. Network security.
etc.
23rd December 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

how to become an iit professor /i need a very vivid answer/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?